1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ibanez BTB845 and BTB845V (and Schecter Stilleto-5)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Thomas Chris Ty, Mar 21, 2019.

1. I am a newbie on bass guitars. But I am currently learning the viola. Will temporarily halt on the viola to learn the bass guitar as a bassist is badly needed at the local church I am attending.

By that, for now, I am only going to play and perform for the local Church and, outside the local Church, by myself inside my bedroom with headphones (for meditation of some sort).

I have narrowed the instrument to the Ibanez 845 and 845V. The other one I was checking was the Schecter Stilleto-5.

The manufacturer's Website has the following differences listed.

845V: Has additional Graphite Reinforcement Rod
    845: Nothing is listed

845V: 45mm at NUT, 70mm at 24F
    845: 47mm at NUT, 76mm at 24F

845V: Scale 838mm/33"
    845: Scale 889mm/35"

Pricing are the same for both 845 and 845V. Stilleto-5 is around $300 lower than the BTB.

Which of the two, 845 and 845V, has a "lower" and "deeper" sound produced? Any experience on the Schecter Stilleto-5? Or for a more subjective question, the "better" of the three-845, 845V, and Stilleto-5?

EDIT: Thank you in advance.

2. who

who

Apr 20, 2007
    Washington DC
    Haven't played any of these, so can't comment on which is better, but something to note is that the 845V stock tuning is E-C, while the others are tuned B-G.

3. guts

guts

Aug 13, 2018
    Both the BTB basses and the Stiletto have a 3 band EQ so they can sound however you make them sound by adjusting the knobs. If you want them lower and deeper, you just set them that way.

4. Another dumb question. Can I use an instrument cable to connect the bass guitar with passive pickup to an amplifier or connect a bass guitar with active pickup to an amplifier?

5. guts

guts

Aug 13, 2018
    With either active or passive pickups the correct cable to use for any instrument is an instrument cable.

6. Thank you.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 4, 2020