Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez CF7

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by anotherbassist, Apr 22, 2004.

1. Does anybody have any experience with this on bass?

2. RoyQBiv

RoyQBiv

Nov 8, 2002
    Bellingam, WA
    I've got one. I got one mostly for guitar use. It works fine on bass, and doesn't suck out too much low end, but it's nothing special. Perfectly usable, but not the best by any means. But you can get them off of eBay for $35, so for the money it's hard to beat. Let me know if you have any specific questions.

3. ok thanks, my choice was eithe that or buying the mini danelctro chorus and flangers, but i trust ibanez more, ill probably go to a store and try them out too

4. The Lurker

The Lurker

Aug 16, 2002
    Ankh-Morpork

+1. Nice durable unit, sounds good in each mode. Capable of making some pretty freakin bizarre noises if you like that sort of thing. :hyper: It's a bit odd because you can use it as either a chorus or a flanger, but you can't switch between the two without bending over and puttering with the little switches.

5. RoyQBiv

RoyQBiv

Nov 8, 2002
    Bellingam, WA
    Yeah, I forgot to mention that. If you want BIZARRE, it can do that too. The fact that you can't switch modes without leaning over bugs me.

I'd go w/it over the Danos.

6. ya i probaly will
    could of one you posta soundclip of the phaser on bass?
    thanks

7. RoyQBiv

RoyQBiv

Nov 8, 2002
    Bellingam, WA
    I'll see what I can do...

8. RoyQBiv

RoyQBiv

Nov 8, 2002
    Bellingam, WA
    http://nathan.siliconinsight.com/media/Audio/cf7.mp3

Jackson CMJ-20 Bridge MM-style pup (picked) > CF-7 (flanger mode, all settings at 12 o'clock, except for speed, which was at 3 o'clock) > Fender Frontman 25 (flat EQ) > microphone > computer

There is a wide range of sounds. This one is fairly subtle; you can get a lot deeper flange with it if you play with the settings. These aren't my favorite settings, but I thought they would give you the best idea of the midrange of the unit. There are some nice subtle effects, and some really weird ones, too.

9. that sounded really sweet, ill probably get that pedal, by the way im just curious but wat other pedals do u have?

10. RoyQBiv

RoyQBiv

Nov 8, 2002
    Bellingam, WA
    I'm not much of an effects guy on bass, but I've got a DOD FX-25b auto-wah, the CF-7, a Boss DS-1, a cheapo Rocktek chorus, and a Yamaha NE-1 pre. The only one I regularly use is the CF-7.