1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ibanez Cimar P/J - $195 shipped!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by the art guy, May 10, 2011.

1. the art guy

the art guy Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2008
    Iowa
    Okay, I'll admit it: this was a total impulse buy, and I don't need it. So off it goes.

Ibanez Cimar Bass, not sure of the vintage (1980s maybe?), and I really don't know a whole lot about it. It's in very good condition with a few scuffs, more on the headstock than the body. Excellent range of tones from the P/J setup, and it's strung up with a nice almost new set of flats. Sounds good, plays good. Hard to go wrong for 195 shipped (obo).

cimar.

2. the art guy

Jun 19, 2008
    Iowa
    Things I forgot to mention:

Made in Korea.

It will ship in a VERY NICE case - one of those things that looks like a heavy-duty gig bag on the outside, and is very form-fitting and more protective than most hardshells on the inside. Whatever you call those. And it will be packed very well.

3. the art guy

Jun 19, 2008
    Iowa
    Morning bump! This is a nice playing bass for not much money.

4. Width at nut?

5. the art guy

Jun 19, 2008
    Iowa
    Thanks - I knew I forgot something. Width at nut is slightly over 1 1/2. (I'd call it 1 9/16 to be accurate.)

6. the art guy

Jun 19, 2008
    Iowa
    Here's the case I was referring to. It's a really nice one - probably more protective than any other case I have.

cimarcase.

cimarincase.

7. Could you describe the neck? Is it p-ish or j-ish or more broad and flat like 80s Ibanezs?

8. the art guy

Jun 19, 2008
    Iowa
    It's relatively flat across the fretboard, but the neck in my hand feels a lot like a Jazz neck. I know these things are subjective, so I hope that helps. It's not ultra-skinny, but it's "fast".

9. the art guy

Jun 19, 2008
    Iowa
    ...and the pics continue: here's how clean this thing is. If you need a bass to keep around the house to play instead of getting one of the prized ones out of the case, i'd recommend this one. Or, just gig the hell out of it! Like I said, you can get a lot of different tones with those three knobs.

cimarback.

cimarbody.

10. the art guy

Jun 19, 2008
    Iowa
    Looking for a good cash offer on this - bring it on!

11. PM'd

12. the art guy

Jun 19, 2008
    Iowa
    ..and it looks like this one's sold. Thanks!

13. And payment sent. Thanks.