Ibanez: Compare Nordstrand vs USA Bartolini equipped.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Knipy, Jan 12, 2015.

1. Knipy

Knipy

Sep 21, 2010
    I am looking to pick up a new Ibby. I am having a tough time trying to decide between premium or prestige models. On the used market prices are similar. I have played with the Korean (?) made Bartolini pick ups. I like the tone. To me it is full and deep, very smooth sounding. I've not had a chance to play a Prestige model with the USA Barts, safe to expect the same? How does the Nordstrand sound compare? I play mostly rock based music. I also enjoy adding effects to my signal. Those of you that have/had both how do they compare?

2. Bassworship1

Bassworship1 Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Jackson
    I own Both the Premium with Nordies and Prestige with the USA Barts and the best sound for me is the USA Barts. Both are amazing in sound but the difference for me is the Barts are smoother in sound and crisper while the Nordstrand Big Singles are very punchy and aggressive. The clarity is good for both but For my style of music the Barts are better. I've actually owned 4 of the Ibanez Premium basses and now have a Prestige 4005 bass. You can't go wrong with either. Fit and finish to me is about the same for both to so that would be a draw.

3. Knipy

Knipy

Sep 21, 2010
    Thanks for the review!

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 28, 2021