1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ibanez CT 5 String and Genz Benz? 115

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by gilbert46, May 18, 2005.

1. gilbert46

gilbert46

Sep 21, 2004
    Sacramento, CA
    I dont really like 5 strings and never play this thing. I dont know much about it. It has EMG pickups, a active preamp, and or active pickups. I installed new strings and adjusted the action when I got it just a few months ago.

the bass playes awesome and has a very distinctive sound to it. couldnt explain it really, but its nice and woody.

Im looking for a lightweight 4 string p-bass (SX, MIM or something similar) prefered to trade, or $200 cash +shipping.

Im told this is a Genz Benz 115. It looks just like one, has the same grill and handles as the GB as well as a Celestion driver. It doesnt have a tag on it though so I wont claim it is a GB for obvious reasons. Im selling cause Im not using it and its kinda heavy to move around.

Im in Sacramento and would prefer local pickup. I will trade too. I also have a

Again, Im not sure what this is worth, so make me an offer. Ill start at $200.

Ill trade both for a 4 string thats light and doesnt hurt my back after 2-3 hours of playing :bassist:

Attached Files:

2. gilbert46

gilbert46

Sep 21, 2004
    Sacramento, CA
    pics of cabinet. Id really rather not ship. If I dont get any local buyers I will though. Please keep packing and shipping costs in mind though. I dont have a box for it, and will need to acquire one as well as the packaging stuff to make sure its safe.

There is no writing on the back. I measured it 8 ohms, I dont know the power handling though.

It has removable 2 inch casters on it also. 8 ohms. ask me anything else you might want to know.

Attached Files:

3. gilbert46

gilbert46

Sep 21, 2004
    Sacramento, CA
    5 string has a new home and I have a new 4 string, so the genz benz is still available.

4. ardorx

ardorx

Sep 23, 2004
    Sugar Land, TX
    are you sure that's a genz benz? it sure doesn't look like it.

5. gilbert46

gilbert46

Sep 21, 2004
    Sacramento, CA
    Im not sure, thats what 2 people told me. Its not marked. You know what make it is?