Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez CT 5 String and Genz Benz? 115

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by gilbert46, May 18, 2005.

1. gilbert46

gilbert46

Sep 21, 2004
    Sacramento, CA
    I dont really like 5 strings and never play this thing. I dont know much about it. It has EMG pickups, a active preamp, and or active pickups. I installed new strings and adjusted the action when I got it just a few months ago.

the bass playes awesome and has a very distinctive sound to it. couldnt explain it really, but its nice and woody.

Im looking for a lightweight 4 string p-bass (SX, MIM or something similar) prefered to trade, or $200 cash +shipping.

Im told this is a Genz Benz 115. It looks just like one, has the same grill and handles as the GB as well as a Celestion driver. It doesnt have a tag on it though so I wont claim it is a GB for obvious reasons. Im selling cause Im not using it and its kinda heavy to move around.

Im in Sacramento and would prefer local pickup. I will trade too. I also have a

Again, Im not sure what this is worth, so make me an offer. Ill start at $200.

Ill trade both for a 4 string thats light and doesnt hurt my back after 2-3 hours of playing :bassist:

Attached Files:

2. gilbert46

gilbert46

Sep 21, 2004
    Sacramento, CA
    pics of cabinet. Id really rather not ship. If I dont get any local buyers I will though. Please keep packing and shipping costs in mind though. I dont have a box for it, and will need to acquire one as well as the packaging stuff to make sure its safe.

There is no writing on the back. I measured it 8 ohms, I dont know the power handling though.

It has removable 2 inch casters on it also. 8 ohms. ask me anything else you might want to know.

Attached Files:

3. gilbert46

gilbert46

Sep 21, 2004
    Sacramento, CA
    5 string has a new home and I have a new 4 string, so the genz benz is still available.

4. ardorx

ardorx

Sep 23, 2004
    Sugar Land, TX
    are you sure that's a genz benz? it sure doesn't look like it.

5. gilbert46

gilbert46

Sep 21, 2004
    Sacramento, CA
    Im not sure, thats what 2 people told me. Its not marked. You know what make it is?