1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ibanez EDA-900 or Ibanez EDC-700

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Armedxx, Mar 21, 2009.

1. Armedxx

Armedxx

Mar 21, 2009
    Which is better?, I played an EDA and loved it, haven't had a chance to play the EDC.

I need an answer by tomorrow night.

What makes these two basses different? (other than the extremely obvious things)

And if you can, what are the pros and cons when compared with each other.

2. Rich L

Rich L

May 17, 2006
    Ft Myers, FL
    Had a fretless EDA and loved it...can't really speak on the EDC but really miss the EDA and would get another in a heartbeat!

3. Armedxx

Armedxx

Mar 21, 2009
    I see, thanks, anyone with experience with the EDC-700 or both?

It doesn't seem like there is much difference between em.

4. Armedxx

Armedxx

Mar 21, 2009
    Meh, I think I might go with the EDA-900...I like the shape of it better. Do you guys think 400 USD for the EDA-900 with a case is a good price? (350 USD + shipping)

5. woo10

woo10

Feb 22, 2004
    I got mine (EDA 900) recently for less than $250 from ebay. It came with original hard case and the price included shipping. It is in a good condition, the only problem with it was cosmetic. There was a tiny spot on the back of the neck where the paint was totally scuffed and the wood underneath showing. Other than that it was perfect, just needed some cleaning and truss rod adjustment. It sounds very nice now with DR HI Beams, but I still think that they are not made for slap, for this I have my ATK :D

IIRC, the blow-out price on these when Ibanez seized the production was $300~350. So, I'd think that $400 is a little bit too much for this bass.

6. I've got the EDA 905. And have played the EDC700 and EDC710.

The differences? Where to start?!

Body shapes are completelly different. Pickups and electronics are also completelly different!

Love the EDA, playing side by side (with the EDCs) it was the bass of choice. Nicer and different sound, and much more comfortable. The only thing I don't like about the EDA is the neck seems to go into the body at a bit of an angel which causes the action on the higher frets. Im not 100% sure if it is on all of them, but I have played a few and they have all had that issue.

But, it is a great bass. I'm keeping an eye out for one of the fretless models, which would kick ass with the piezo pickups :)

7. Sound Chaser

Sound Chaser

Mar 19, 2005
    Lockport, NY
    Had one years ago, hated it.