1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ibanez EDA Piezo Bridge Spares?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by MaidenFan, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Hi everyone, hopefully somebody here can help!

I bought an EDA900 from eBay, sounds and plays absolutely brilliantly, but the piezo on the A string has now packed up, so I've had to cut the piezo sound completely.

The EDA line is discontinued, so does anyone know where I can get an EDA900 bridge saddle assembly and roughly how much it would cost? I've tried scouring eBay but can't find anything. The exact bridge is the Fishman Mono-Rail II.

For reference, here is what the bridge looks like - as far as I know, Ibanez only used these bridges on the EDA and EDB range:

[​IMG]

(ignore the fluff on the strings, these were the stock strings and I've since changed them :D)

Any help appreciated :)

2. A quick bump for this thread while I'm here, I'm still looking for the bridge saddle so if anyone knows of any Ibanez spares stores, it would be appreciated. :)

3. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    did you try fishman ?

4. ofsalesmen

ofsalesmen

Apr 1, 2008
    Raleigh, NC
    Try the parts section on the Ibanez website. If you know what year it is, you can look up your model and the appropriate parts there.

All the EDAs should be the same though from 2001-05. Good luck!

5. I've just tried the Ibanez parts section, and all I can find is the part number, no order details. I've tried Googling the part number to no avail - seems like nobody stocks these any more.

I've also tried the Fishman website, but no mention of the MonoRail bridge due to it being an Ibanez product, I assume all they did was provide the piezos for the bridge, not produce the actual units.

So I'm still on the hunt :(

6. ialma

ialma Supporting Member

Jul 1, 2006
    South Italy
    I messaged Fishman and here's the answer :

Hi,
    These type of piezo bridges, made for electric instruments, are made specifically for each manufacturer using their hardware and we don't have spares or extras we can sell for parts. You would have to contact the instrument manufacturer as they would be the only source for these parts, if necessary. I'm sorry I couldn't be more help.

Best Regards

Houston we have a problem here...

7. Hopper

Hopper

Sep 24, 2008
    London
    Yep. I also drew a blank on this one...:meh: