Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ibanez EDA

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by turkish, Jul 14, 2002.

1. turkish

turkish Guest

Jul 14, 2002
    FCCAUSA, or here
    anyone play one? they look kinda cool

2. They look very cool.One of the members posted a pic of an all wood one.Really nice.
    Sorry,but I have yet to play one so I can`t comment other than looks.

3. the EDA stands in line with the BTB and the ATK.. it's one of the best Ibanez'es in existance.

it has piezo bridge and a humbucker in the 'hotspot'.
    combined with the luthite, this results in very good lows with crisp highs.

i tried one few weeks ago, and was supprised about the superior balance.. it has a rather small headstock and light tuners..

Bassplayer gave it a 4.5 out of 5, 'nuff said ;)

4. Since I got my Cirrus 5, the EDA 900 has been relegated to backup status, but I love it. It feels great, you can dial just about any tone you want with the soapbar and the bridge piezos, and the neck is thin and the fretboard is fast. Just fun to play. I doubt I could ever part with it.

I thought it was a goofy looking beast until I plugged it in and tried it out.

5. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    yeah, it's an odd looking beast, but, man, it sounds awesome. i wish i could get a hold of that wood on. o O baby ;)

6. does it weigh much? because i'm looking for a new bass and i've allready bumped several times onto the EDA and it looked cool, also the hardware and stuff, and aspecially the price was nice :) (€790)

7. luthite is rather weighty yes.. but the comfort compensates that :)

8. the only thing that bothers me about the bass is that i can't find the fret-marks on the fretboard, are they standing on the side of the neck? because i don't think i could play without them... :D

9. I played one, and as much as I hate the way it looks, it sounds GREAT. Honestly, I'd say it sounds as good or better than any bass I've ever played. I just wish that they could have toned down the styling a little. Here's another idea for Ibanez's designers: put those piezo saddles on, say, the BTB 1000 series.

10. Fret markers are on the side of the neck. 12th is marked on the fretboard.

It's got some heft, but it is so well balanced and comfortable, it really doesn't feel "heavy". She'll stay where you put her pretty much.

11. Killdar

Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    anyone think itd be better with a bridge pickup as well? the single soapbar looks kinda lonely, although there is a piezo....still, one magnetic just seems inadequate.

anyone ever think bout fitting in another? looks like theres space! :D