Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez EDA900 - Any good?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by arjue, Nov 1, 2001.

1. I need to get a new bass, and this seems to be the best bass in my price range($600-$700). Should I get this or is there a better bass? BTW, i only play 4 string basses, so no 5+ string basses, ok? :)

2. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    I've never played one so I really don't have an opinion to offer. How do you feel about it? Does it inspire you?

3. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    The EDA is fine for the price, if you like the look. I thought that the mag pickup was a little muddy sounding; also, the luthite body is heavier than I would have expected given its size.

Carvin offers the best fretwork and wood quality I've seen for the 600-700 price range, but they look a little bland; nothing like the EDA.

4. I see. Well, I definately like the look of it. It looks like its from the future. I've played another ergodyne bass, and it played like heaven, so I figure the EDA900 plays well, but I can't get my hands on one for a few months.

5. vegaas

vegaas

Nov 6, 2001
    Milwaukee
    Havent tried the EDA, but I have an EDC700 and I love it. Good sound and versatility, very comfortable.
    Here is a pic of me playing it at a party my band played last month.

[​IMG]