Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez EDA900 or Peavey Grind 4 string

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by AHbassist, Sep 29, 2005.

1. AHbassist

AHbassist

Sep 22, 2005
    Kennesaw, GA
    If you were going to buy one of these two for yourself, which one would it be? The Ibanez is active, the Peavey is passive.

[​IMG]
    Ibanez EDA900

[​IMG]
    Peavey Grind

2. Hands down, EDA 900, no comparisson whatsoever.

~Ryan

3. Vox Populi

Vox Populi Reggae Loving Honkey

Jan 27, 2004
    Poulsbo, WA
    Grinds are nice, if you get a good specimen.

Never played the other one.

4. Sutton

Sutton

Mar 3, 2005
    Plainwell, MI
    I loved the EDA's

5. bluemonk

bluemonk

Dec 17, 2002
    Michigan
    The EDA. One of the main differences is going to be the neck. The EDA has a really slim, fast neck. But that wouldn't be good if you like thicker necks.

6. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    Grinds can be hit and miss. Make sure to try several if possible. While I am a big Peavey fan I think the EDA might be the better bass in this case. Play both and decide with your ears and hands.

7. BillytheBassist

BillytheBassist

Aug 18, 2005
    Texas
    EDA is a much better bass IMO.... I've owned both.

8. phxlbrmpf

phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Germany
    I'm feeling a bit skeptical about the EDA, as far as I know, the wood substitute material the body is made of is known to cause problems.

9. bluemonk

bluemonk

Dec 17, 2002
    Michigan
    Curious: what kind of problems are you thinking about?

10. bob04

bob04

Aug 5, 2005
    Stourbridge, U.K.
    i have an edc and was gasing for ages for an eda, the necks on the ergodyne basses are amazing, and the contoured body apparently is supposed to be a thumb rest and to raise the controls for eas access

11. EDA

12. Ive never had a problem with mine, at all, and acoustically it sounds really damned good

The EDA is pretty different sounding, there a passive magnetic pup, the piezos in the bridge, and a hell of alot of controls (11 in all on my 905, alot to do with the piezos)

Ive never had a bass thats easier to play than my EDA, the only problem was the action with it when i got it from the shop, apparently they were all pretty badly setup in the factory, but, a single setup later, its playing like a dream, is really comforable and light aswell!

13. dansheep13

dansheep13

Aug 31, 2005
    I'd go for the grind and install new electronics and it would sound like a £1500 bass