Ibanez EDB 605

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dave Castelo, Jun 29, 2001.

1. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    what do you think of this bass?

i tried a EDB 600 (4-strings) and actually like both the tone and the look...

I need a 5 string but there´s no EDB 605 on my city... i´m going to buy it in a trip to US soon

so, should i go for it?

anyone here owns one?

any flaws?

2. i have an edb600 that i love, its the tightest bass ever, great feel, great looks, great tone. i am not a fan of 5 strings and one of the best things about the edb600 is the thin and (very) fast neck. but its not the only good thing. so i would say go for it. you can also go to harmony-central.com and read the review i wrote of that bass. definately buy it, its a good one. late.
  3. berserk

Aug 24, 2000
    Parma, Ohio
    I have one. I've had it for a year. Ibanez has the slimmest and fastest 5 string necks i've ever seen. The EDB 605 is absolutely the most comfortable to play 5 string and the sound is good, not great, but good for an ibanez. It has a 35" scale and a pretty tight B string. All in all it's my favorite 5 string I have ever played. Some sound better but are a lot harder to play. Oh yeah its also really durable. I give it two thumbs way up :)
  4. Really ?

I bought an EDC705 today, and i thought the B-string was pretty floppy ( pretty loose, just the way i like it :D )

Anyway.. the ErgoDyne series rules !
    The plastic bodies have real good resonance ( and smell a little like gasoline.. ), the plastic is also pretty heavy, which i like in particular..it makes the bass feel very firm and durable.
  5. im getting one here in a few weeks and loved it in the store. the only thing that got me worried was the active electronics and needing a 9 volt battery around all of the time. but i guess you can go for like a year without changing it so that really isnt an issue. great bass!
  6. I use a edb 605 as my main bass, too, and I'm convinced that you won't be dissapointed with it, but be sure to play it before you buy it because some of them have some (minor) problems, such as deadspots. Mine is also one of a strange kind :) but I love it, VERY comfortable and growly sounding.

7. a great bass and its not even that expensive. I've been saving up for one for a while. I constantly go music store around me to play it. I love it!
  8. Oly Spart

Oly Spart

May 20, 2015
    Could someone tell me whats the neck length of the EDB 605, please?