Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ibanez edb p/u specs

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Goretopsy, Mar 14, 2002.

1. Goretopsy

Goretopsy

Feb 19, 2002
    il
    could someone be a nice person and tell me the demensions of ibanez edb605 bass's pickups, because i really like the feel and playablity of this bass but i cant stand ibanez electronics/pickups, i know i can fit an emg eq in it (the bqc or bqs i dont remember off hand) but im looking for a much more sterile/cutting tone than the basses stock electronics can give so if anyone who has one or knows someplace i can find the dementions on them it would be greatly apreciated, thanks

2. EMG Ex Series will fit with no problem on your EDB605 (i have one), no matter DC or CS. The room on the bass for the EQ is enough for an EMG one.

I was thinking on doing the same upgrade to my EDB605, but i have some questions about luthite, it's not wood and has different sound response, so, i don't know if Ibanez made some "special" kind of pickups (Ibanez Ergodynamics found only on Ergodynes) matching the properties of luthite or not.

With this issue, maybe other pickups will not work as they do, maybe they do, i don't know really.

I talked once with the support team of EMG and they have never inspected a Luthite bass, so, they don't know if they products works well on no-wooden bodies.

EBP