Ibanez EDB Series, good high midrange?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Ifrit84, Sep 7, 2004.

1. Ifrit84

Ifrit84 Banned

Aug 27, 2004
    London, England
    In another thread , I asked what people thought was a good mid machine. I read some reviews on the EDB and people said it was VERY high mid able. I've never tried one, any owners like to comment? I'm looking for a "newer" tone, so don't think I'm in the market for a low end growl bass.

2. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA

If you have your heart set on an ergodyne get an EDA or EDC. I had an EDA and was pleased with it's sound but it had some quality issues (maybe I just had a bad apple). The EDC seems interesting, MF is blowing them out cheap.
  3. Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA

I had one.. Worst bass ever. It was good at first, then the poo level rose.
  4. Another vote for the EDA. I have an EDA905F (fretless) and am super pleased with it. Its EQ takes a little getting used to, but you can get some pretty nice tones out of it. The magnetic pup blended with the piezos = :bassist: .

Although it has that oddly shaped body, it is one of the most comfortable basses you can play, sitting or standing. It is a real sleeper.

PM me if you want more info.

I love mine. :hyper:

Mike ;)
  5. mjw

Jun 12, 2001
    Spring, TX USA
    I had an EDB 405, and still would if someone wouldn't have offered to trade me a keyboard and amp for it!

Personally, the neck was a tad narrow for a five-string (for my hands anyway) but I simply can not complain about the tone. For a relatively inexpensive bass, I loved it!