Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez EDB Series, good high midrange?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Ifrit84, Sep 7, 2004.

1. Ifrit84

Ifrit84 Banned

Aug 27, 2004
    London, England
    In another thread , I asked what people thought was a good mid machine. I read some reviews on the EDB and people said it was VERY high mid able. I've never tried one, any owners like to comment? I'm looking for a "newer" tone, so don't think I'm in the market for a low end growl bass.

Anyone?

2. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA

If you have your heart set on an ergodyne get an EDA or EDC. I had an EDA and was pleased with it's sound but it had some quality issues (maybe I just had a bad apple). The EDC seems interesting, MF is blowing them out cheap.

3. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    DON'T GET THE EDB!

I had one.. Worst bass ever. It was good at first, then the poo level rose.

4. Another vote for the EDA. I have an EDA905F (fretless) and am super pleased with it. Its EQ takes a little getting used to, but you can get some pretty nice tones out of it. The magnetic pup blended with the piezos = :bassist: .

Although it has that oddly shaped body, it is one of the most comfortable basses you can play, sitting or standing. It is a real sleeper.

PM me if you want more info.

I love mine. :hyper:

Mike ;)

5. mjw

mjw

Jun 12, 2001
    Spring, TX USA
    I had an EDB 405, and still would if someone wouldn't have offered to trade me a keyboard and amp for it!

Personally, the neck was a tad narrow for a five-string (for my hands anyway) but I simply can not complain about the tone. For a relatively inexpensive bass, I loved it!