1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

IBANEZ EDB...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by instigata, Mar 25, 2006.

1. instigata

instigata

Feb 24, 2006
    New Jersey
    i currently have an ibanez SR400.

i was just checking out the ibanez sight, and found this:

http://www.ibanez.com/guitars/guitar.asp?model=EDB700&color=1

you think this would be a nice upgrade? i would probably swap out the pickups and eq and find me some bartolini humbuckers and all passive electronics.

i love that black color, btw.

i'm looking for something thats smoother with more lows than my current ibanez, and i think humbuckers would solve this.

2. scuba steve

scuba steve

Dec 28, 2005
    Hillsboro, Tx
    that bass your talking about has a very 'smooth" and dark tone. i liked the ones i played. give one a try.

3. Just as a factual POV, many of the EDB reviews are going to be worthless due to the change from the artifical luthite boddy material to the more traditional basswood and maple (in general a very good thing, as the EDB was always the "lowest" rated of the "E"-series).

If the "smooth and dark" tone works for you, go with it! I'm just saying that's likely to have changed in the newer models.

4. instigata

instigata

Feb 24, 2006
    New Jersey
    i'll definitely check one out. cos the shape rocks. and the transparent black is cool.