Ibanez EDB500

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by HarQ_X, Aug 24, 2001.

1. HarQ_X

May 14, 2001
    Bandung, Indonesia
    does anyone know about ibanez edb500 ergodyne?
    my bro is going to buy one but....
    he still confuse bout that
    Can anyone tell me bout the advantage or disadvantage???

2. If you're talking about the model with the piezo bridge and the pointing down bottom horn, then yes I've played one. I would'nt buy it myself, 'cos I'm a traditionalist kind of guy, and it's a bit too futuristic for my taste. In all other respects I think it's a pretty good bass, good tones available from advanced 18v electronics, very comfortable, both seated and standing.
  3. * ahem * that would be tje eda ;)

the EDB is a nice bass indeed, in fact.. the whole ErgoDyne series are devine basses.
    I dunno about the edb500, but the edc and edb600 have very good mids & lows, the material is absolutely superior. there's a lot of prejudice on plastic bodies, but i can tell you.. it rocks !

i'd say go for it ! :D
  4. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    I have the EDB605 (5 string version of the same thing) and I am totally in love with it - very comfortable and I think very classy in appearance (it's not the super-space age looking one) very nice indeed...but I'm a beginer and mine is the only bass I've ever touched so I can't coment to much on the sound :oops: I do know that evry bass player I know that sees my bass drools asks to play it - then they tell me that it's an excellent instrument ...for more info. about the ergo you asked about click this: http://www.ibanez.com/EDB/EDB600.html#
  5. HarQ_X

May 14, 2001
    Bandung, Indonesia
    i guess my bro is going to buy it next week (finally i can play another bass guitar other than my old bass).

thx for the reply but i have more questions to ask...

Do u know how much does it cost now???? cause my local store sells it with HIGH price and if i the real price si lower we'll buy it in another store, in the other city.

and, about slapping... does it good enough for slapping?

Many2 thanks!!