1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ibanez EDB555

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by IconBasser, Jan 29, 2008.

1. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking

Feb 28, 2007
    Fontana, California
    I've seen em online, and I'm dying to play one. Can anybody tell me how they sound?

[​IMG]

2. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking

Feb 28, 2007
    Fontana, California
    ... anybody?

3. I haven't looked into Ibanez much, but that's giving me a serious Warwick vibe. Can't help ya beyond that.

4. IngerAlb

IngerAlb

May 11, 2007
    Like I said on the Ibanez thread: try the 550 (the 4 stringer) - they sound the same (maybe just slightly more bassy - but it's a very subtle tone nuance).

5. keynie

keynie

Feb 8, 2008
    I should have this bass on 02/09/2008.
    I will let you know how well it performs.

6. keynie

keynie

Feb 8, 2008
    Got it.
    So far the bass sounds pretty good.The feel is awesome.
    I compare it to my other ibanez (sr605).I would like to have a little more
    from the pickups.I am looking at replacing them now.

7. IngerAlb

IngerAlb

May 11, 2007
    Congrats! Keep us informed if you change the pickups - I'd like to know what brand/model you'd choose, and how much different would be the sound. Although I must say I'm pretty impressed by the stock pickups, they're actually better than expected.

8. keynie

keynie

Feb 8, 2008
    I played the bass at band practice with its original parts.Sounds Great!!
    I had problems trying to find bartilini pickups to fit without messing with the wood.
    I chosed to modify the electronic instead.I will keep you up-to-date.

9. keynie

keynie

Feb 8, 2008
    Ok, here's my final review.I replaced the electronics and Mannn!!!!!!.It's my dream bass.I put Bartolini's HR-4.7 Vol-Mix-Mid_-TrebBass-S electronics in.
    (Purchased from CatalinaGuitars.com, These guys are great, quick and good to deal with).
    Just about every tone you need is there.I am extremely pleased with this bass.It not heavy, looks very good, feels even better.I'm considering getting the 4 string version also.

Yes, I agree with you on the pickups.It would have been a bad decision to replace them!!

10. Earwigger

Earwigger I'm a Roland man now.

Aug 23, 2005
    Cleveland, Ohio
    I always thought it was the most attractive Ergodyne bass Ibanez has ever come up with.

11. IngerAlb

IngerAlb

May 11, 2007
    Congrats, keynie! Your story sounds very tempting (thinking about doing the same mod). Did the Bartolini fit in the original holes, or you had to drill some new ones? I'd also love to see some pics ;) Anyway, good job!

12. keynie

keynie

Feb 8, 2008
    Had to drill one small hole for the mid toggle switch.
    The cavity is pretty crowed.Later I may cut out the battery craddle.
    I'll get you those pics.

13. IngerAlb

IngerAlb

May 11, 2007
    Yeah, I looked at the schematics and I figured out you had to do that. But it's no big deal, since the switch is small.
    My EDB tends someties to pick up some background noise (buzz). Any similar problems with the new electronics? I have e feeling my problem comes from the electronics somewhere and I'm curious to know if a new pre would solve it (without let's say needing to shield the entire cavity)?

14. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 17, 2021