Ibanez EDB600 PU question

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by sbbassslapper, Aug 30, 2005.

1. this bass, says passive pickups, but says active eq.... what i'm wondering is on my ampeg b5r head...... it has 2 inputs, one thats no impedence(forgive me if i'm not saying this right) and the other that sright below it is -15db i think.... can you tell me if i need to plug it into the lower one like i have been... or is it safe to plug it into the top one.... cuz i was told that it was active pick ups from guitar center... but i don't think they were right..... let me know what you think.
  2. xb100

Mar 24, 2004
    NH, In
    Well does the bass have a battery slot thing on the back of it?

If it does then it is an active bass, if not screw open the back panel and see if theres a 9v battery in there, if not then your bass is passive.

Hope that helps you out some.
  3. yea there's a battery in the back, it just threw me off, becuase when you go to ibanez's website it says passive pick ups with active eq... is that basically the same thing?!!?!? lol forgive me for obviously being a novice...... :bag:
  4. nah, you can have active pickups and a passive tone control, or active pickups and active circuitry

to be honest, im not sure if it matters that much, aslong as you arent clipping the pre section