Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez EDB600

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Kenbuntu, Jul 14, 2005.

1. Kenbuntu

Kenbuntu

Jun 6, 2005
    Ontario
    Hey guys i just came by this bass and i can get it for 460(CAD) it comes wiht a case. Tell me what you guys think.

2. Kenbuntu

Kenbuntu

Jun 6, 2005
    Ontario
    well guys 440 and i think its american soo i think ill get it.

3. mikekim

mikekim

Mar 16, 2005
    CA
    The Ibanez EDB 600 is korean, not american. I had one... It was a nice bass and very comfortable to play, but it's tone needed more growl for my tastes. I sold it and got a Pedulla Thunderbolt instead (for a lot more money of course).

4. Played them...didnt care for them

The EDC700 is a much better way to go.

Just my opinion. Bottom line is if YOU like it and it is comfortable for you to play.

[​IMG]

5. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    440 is a HORRIBLE price for an EDB600, you're getting ripped off. the EDB600 is also a horrid, horrid bass. I owned one for quite a while. It's just... bad.. Don't get it... Ever. Stop changing your mind.. Go to a store, play a bunch of basses.. buy what you like, not what you like to look at online.

6. Kenbuntu

Kenbuntu

Jun 6, 2005
    Ontario
    440-canadian funds man, not american, and all the reviewsi looked at on harmony cenetral are good,(i looked at theppl who said that they had it for a period of time) and im guessing you live in us, so its would be no more than 325.?

7. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    325 still isnt' that great of a price for a POS like that bass.. Harmony central says a lot of things. What's so hard to understand about playing a few basses and finding what you like instead of shopping blindly online?

8. Kenbuntu

Kenbuntu

Jun 6, 2005
    Ontario
    i have no way of getting to stores...parents wont drive me...

9. The EDB is very mediocore compaired to the other ergodynes, the EDC was good, prefered the one with 2 soap bars, and i love my EDA, but they are all different animals

And as stated, all made in korea

10. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Friends? Someone else's parents? Meet other musician friends at a music store and mooch a ride? Hey, you're just not trying hard enough :p.

11. Kenbuntu

Kenbuntu

Jun 6, 2005
    Ontario
    haha well now im in a difficult possition because some one else is selling the edb605...4 string or 5 string????

12. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Okay, this bears repeateing:

Do not get an Ibanez EDB600. Or 605. You can do better, if not for less then at least for the same money.

13. Kenbuntu

Kenbuntu

Jun 6, 2005
    Ontario
    alright than name me a bass that is better for less or the same amount of money.

14. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    For $325?

(used)
    Cort Curbow
    MIM Fender (J or P)
    Spector Performance series (or NS2000, depending on current market trends)
    Essex/SX
    MTD Kingston passive
    Peavey Millenium or Grind
    pretty much anything by Yamaha
    Schecter Omen or Stilleto
    Epihone Thunderbird
    Ibanez AGB and ASB 140s
    Might be able to get into a rockbass, not positive
    Ibanez SRX500 (I hear these are pretty snazzy)

New?
    Yamaha RBX
    Schecter Omen or Stilleto
    Cort Curbow
    Peavey Grind
    Brice/SX/Essex

Pretty much the same for 4 or 5 strings, give or take $20.

If it was me, and I had $300-350, I'd track down a used MTD Kingston 4/5 or Yamaha RBX 4/5.

15. I hated my Curbow....right to the trash heap. I owned an EDB605 and it was average at best, nothing special. Painted neck drove me crazy. I agree with the MTD suggestions or perhaps the MIM Fenders, and also the Spector idea. I never liked the cheapo Yamahas.....sound like doo-doo. Peavey is a decent instrument...I stress decent at this price. Lastly, anything run from anything that has Epiphone in the title. ;)
    You gatta be pretty dang good to make a $300 bass sound fantastic, but you also don't have to dump $2000 to get a nice worker either. Maybe save up some more and get into the used Stingray market? What about looking for a used Ernie Ball SUB? I've also heard some great thinmgs about the OLP MM copies, although they're passive.

16. An Ergodyne haiku:

Can't tell if it's wood
    What's that smell? Is it ether?
    Get it off me now!

17. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    +100000

T_T, listen.. and listen carefully. DO NOT get an EDB400, EDB500, EDB600, or an EDB605.. They're junk. Do not buy one. Do not rent one. Do not buy one used. Do not buy one new. Do not buy one. They are a waste of money, and a waste of plastic.

18. Kenbuntu

Kenbuntu

Jun 6, 2005
    Ontario
    ohh damn that's cold, but damnn all the reviews at harmony central are praising it.Also i was talking about a peavey grind 4 BXP NTB series...some reviews were good but the others were describing it as a waste of money. also i looked at the yamaha RBX 374 only 2 band eq and it is about the same price as the edb wiht case or anbything and i hear the battery life for those is like 2 weeks.

and i cant find a schecter omen for around 400 dollars, sme wiht the mtd.

19. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    If you still aren't seeing this.. DO NOT GET AN EDB. Every bass Brendan listed kicks teh crap out fo them. those are possibly the worst ibanez basses in existance. If you want ibanez, get an SRX series for about the same price, but waaayyy better quality, tone, looks, resale... Spector, Yamaha, Scheter, and SX/Brice are all much better options under the $400 mark! look at rondomusic.com

20. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Keep in mind I was dealing in USD.

Harmony Central would give positive reviews to a 2x4 if it had a pickup stapled to it.

Also, the battery life on any active bass IS 6 months +, period. If it's two weeks, that's a wiring/electronics problem of that particular bass. On a related tangent, some of the highest end preamps in the world have 2 band EQs (from Aguilar, Bartolini, EMG, Seymore Duncan, et al). More bands doesn't mean better quality or more bang for your buck. 3 isn't better than 2, just different.

The MTDs run less than $400 used. Just have to find one (eBay, here, Bassgear.com, etc). And as far as the Omen's go...you're not looking, are you? They're on MusiciansFriend.com new for $399 for the 5 and $349 for the 4. And you can typically do better than Musicians Friend, online.

Used, then, they'd probably run you $225-$275.