Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez EDB600

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by AllodoX, Jun 6, 2001.

1. I'm thinking about buying a new bass, and
    the Ibanez EDB600 seems like a good candidate to me...

any of you guys ever used it, and want to share some info with me ?

2. I own one. It's a pretty good bass man. If it fits you.. go with it! (don't let the people here persuade you otherwise.. hehe) I haven't had any serious problems with the bass other than a wire coming loose once b/c ibanez is lazy, lol. Other than that, that bass is great. I recommend it!

3. So..

I went to the store to check it out, they only had an EDC in stock.. Some other basses there had a neck that is 34" and the EDC had a 25" neck.. but they appeared to be about the same length..

what's the deal with the 25" neck ?
    Is the sound of the EDB pretty similar to the sound of the EDC ? i tried the EDC.. it sounds nice, but i dislike the design of the body...

4. maybe they mismarked it.. perhaps a 35" inch neck. The EDC700 is about the same.. slimmer body. I don't really know if the tone is much different. The EDC is about 100 bucks more than the EDB too. *shrugs* Don't know why. Keep looking around. I've seen many places with the edb600.