1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ibanez EDB600

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by AllodoX, Jun 6, 2001.

1. I'm thinking about buying a new bass, and
    the Ibanez EDB600 seems like a good candidate to me...

any of you guys ever used it, and want to share some info with me ?

2. I own one. It's a pretty good bass man. If it fits you.. go with it! (don't let the people here persuade you otherwise.. hehe) I haven't had any serious problems with the bass other than a wire coming loose once b/c ibanez is lazy, lol. Other than that, that bass is great. I recommend it!

3. So..

I went to the store to check it out, they only had an EDC in stock.. Some other basses there had a neck that is 34" and the EDC had a 25" neck.. but they appeared to be about the same length..

what's the deal with the 25" neck ?
    Is the sound of the EDB pretty similar to the sound of the EDC ? i tried the EDC.. it sounds nice, but i dislike the design of the body...

4. maybe they mismarked it.. perhaps a 35" inch neck. The EDC700 is about the same.. slimmer body. I don't really know if the tone is much different. The EDC is about 100 bucks more than the EDB too. *shrugs* Don't know why. Keep looking around. I've seen many places with the edb600.