Ibanez EDB600

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassjake, Nov 5, 2000.

1. bassjake

Nov 5, 2000
    Is the Ibanez ergodyne bass guitar any good? I heard they have dead spots on the neck. Are they born this way or do they come with age?
  2. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    It's hit and miss. Some do, some don't (have deadspots) you HAVE to play the one you're buying. If you do, you'll find a good one sooner or later. Mail order Ibanez is Baaaaad!
  3. Yeah, what Brendan said. They're born that way though; I don't think they come with age, but then again i haven't had my EDC700 that long, and i don't know what causes them (still). But just make sure you go over every single fret with a fine-toothed comb or you might be sorry. It's a good bass though, don't let the Ibanez bashers get you down...
  4. they're right, you just have to play the one you want first to make sure you're getting the good one out of the few that are around.. mine is all good =) woohoo.. if you get one.. enjoy! rock on!

5. fat jonny

fat jonny

Jul 8, 2000
    Columbus Ohio
    I had mine professionally set up after I bought it (used), and the action is pretty low with no buzzing or dead spots. I may have just gotten lucky though so be sure to try it before you buy it like they said. I like mine. It is comfy to play, sounds pretty good, and is nice looking. I paid about $400 for the 5 string version and it was in great shape, but you may want to try it first.