Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez EDC705 question...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Ionic Eye, Jul 6, 2002.

1. Ionic Eye

Ionic Eye

May 13, 2002
    Columbus, OH
    OK, maybe two questions... First, what is the scale-length on these? The website lists "25.5" for ALL the Ergodyne basses, but I refuse to believe they are THAT radical!;) I'm hoping they're 35"; I can't do the 34" thing anymore.

Also, at the site they show an EDC 5-string that is kinda light metallic purple mauvish, which I think looks AWESOME, but the only listed color is a dark-grey type thing; is the purple available?

Damn, and I was all set to order a Reverend Brad Houser; now I'm checking things out again; indecision strikes again! Peace, Matt

p.s. Could any two basses be more different than a Reverend and an EDC Ibanez? Perhaps it's time I looked into the multiple personality thing...

2. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Go with the Reverend.

The pic of the EDC you saw might have been some lighting messing witha Vampire Kiss red EDC...or, possibly a Blue one. I've seen about three blue EDCs, and a couple red ones.

But the BH blows it away.

3. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    i would have to agree...go with the reverend

4. As an EDC700 owner...

I do enjoy playing mine do to the comfort level and slim neck but would`nt buy one(I won mine in a contest).In my opinion there are lot more basses out there with a higher bang to buck ration.:D

Can`t comment on the Reverand as I have never tried one but I only ever hear(read) good feedback about their basses.

Choose wisely young Paladin.:p

If you are sold on the Ibanez maybe check out some BTB`s or ATK`s?

5. fear not.. mr. Ibanez is here :D

the EDC is indeed 34" in scale.
    The purple shining is in fact the Grey Pewter bass ( a.k.a. black ). it has small particles in it, which light up in different colours depending on what angle you look at it and what ambient light is present.

6. Ionic Eye

Ionic Eye

May 13, 2002
    Columbus, OH
    Cool! Thanks all for the replies. 34" definitely rules it out, so thanks, AllodoX, for the confirmation. I'm looking into the BTB, particularly the BTB515EWNF (type that 5 times fast; hey, 5XFast might be a good band name.)

I'm also taking another look at the Peavey Millenium and Cirrus (although, if their website is correct, the Millenium has gone from about 87 available colors to 5, and the Bubinga 5-string is no longer available; I'll have to contact someone there to see if this is correct.)

I'll most likely stick with the Brad, I think; guess it's the "check everything out last minute before you order" syndrome, so again, thanks for the replies!:)

Matt

7. He said metallic purple... that's Black Pearl (BP) EDC, not Gray Pewter (GP) or Vampire Kiss (VK) has Brendan said. It's a discontinued color last seen to me on the '98 Ibanez Catalog.

My last bass was GP, the last color you can see on it it's purple!!

EBP

8. heheh.. oops.. maybe i ought to keep up with the new colours :D