Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez effects?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Jay, Nov 27, 2000.

1. Jay

Jay

Oct 19, 2000
    Bidwell, OH
    OK, I've been thinking about getting and Ibanez effects pedal. Which one(s) I'm not sure of. I was thinking along the lines of a Seventh Heaven pedal (guitar) because the bass effects that I've come in contact with were no good. Anyone use Ibanez effects or have knowledge on how they sound?

J

2. i dont have much knowledge on ibanez effects as far as their bass effects goes.....but pretty soon i am gonna buy an ibanez bass compressor and those go around for $30 bucks at http://www.music123.com i dont know about the ibanez seventh heaven distortion pedal though.....since those were specifically designed for 7 string guitars, you might be getting TOO much distortion.....wait a minute.....that actually might be a good thing......

personally i own a BOSS odb-3 bass overdrive pedal and that pedal nicely fills my need for distortion/overdrive.

3. Jay

Jay

Oct 19, 2000
    Bidwell, OH
    That's a thought...thanx.

Hey jrthebassguy, you're from Houston? Coolness, I live about an hour east of Houston. Ha, finally another Texan TB Member...rock on man!

Jay

4. nirvanafan13

nirvanafan13

Apr 14, 2000
    Austin, TX
    my guitarist has 3 ibanez pedals.. the fuzz, smashbox, and phaser.. the smashbox sounds very good on my bass, the fuzz sounds halfway decent, and if you strum or play high enough notes(on the D or G string), the phaser sounds pretty good too.

5. well metalarch69 actually im in deer park. hey i think i know you. your in the band mekanix right? well ive talked to your guitarist before. you live in winnie right?

6. hud2020

hud2020

Dec 3, 2000
    For good distortion the classical metal is good

7. Jay

Jay

Oct 19, 2000
    Bidwell, OH
    As you've figured out by now, yes that's me. :D