Ibanez Ergodyne 400 problem

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ergodynebass, Jan 30, 2001.

1. Alright, I love this bass and I would probably shell out the money anyday to fix this thing but If I could fix it myself then not only would I learn something, I would also save money. Okay, my problem is: Today when I went to turn on my amp to jam a little, and plugged in my bass, I started to play and nothing came out. I tried many different things such as messing with the volume controls and replacing the battery in the bass. Still, no luck. I got a chance this weekend to go to a guitar shop and plug it into one of their amps, but no sound came out. So it must be the bass. I got a few questions: Would this be easy to fix? How much would it cost for someone else to do it?

Thanks in advance.
  2. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    Yes.. It could be a capacitor in the electronics...
    It open your electronics compartment, and look for unplugged wires and check if there is some component out of place .. IF so.. Take it to any electronic repair man so he can solder it in place.

The same happened to my SR506 and I fix it myself, so there is nothing to worry.
    Even if there is a major problem, electronic stuff are easy to repair.
  3. Yes, I have opened the back and there is a wire loose, I just don't know what to solder it to. The wires yellow i think.
  4. notduane

Nov 24, 2000
  5. Thank you guys so much for your help. Just one more question, where could I buy screws to fit the active plate on the back of my EBD400 (I happened to loose them in the washer when I was washing my clothes)?

Thanks so much

6. notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    Hey ergo-d :D . You can probably find somethin' at your local H/W store or online at Stew-Mac.

NOTE: Those screws are probably metric, so watch out for that.

Stew-Mac http://www.stewmac.com/catalog/thumbpage.asp?section=hardware,_parts&subsection=screws,_springs