Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez Ergodyne bass finishes (please read asap)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by NightmareCinema, Mar 27, 2003.

1. NightmareCinema

NightmareCinema

Mar 27, 2003
    I've got a chance to buy an ergodyne bass for $270 (the ebd600 i believe) I can choose between pearl white and grey pewter. Now I remember seeing the Pearl White finish in a catalog a long time ago and I fell in love, it has always been my favorite finish... recently I saw another pic though and it looked more "off white"... I don't know if it was just the camera that took the pic or what. So does anyone know if the pearl white finish is indeed white? or more of a yellow? If anyone has a pic of a bass in this finish (preferably not from a catalog) could you post it. The pearl white color I have seen in catalogs looks amazing but I want to make sure it actually looks like this in person.

2. in this ebay auction it looks pretty yellow-ish. could be because of the lighting of something. it's also a coupla years old; so it could have yellowed; maybe???
    i would go with white pearl; but not if it's yellow-y.
    where are you getting it? could you see it ahead of time? if you're ordering it, is there a return-type-dealy?

3. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Thats another color alltogether. It's a sort of tarnished pearl color, definitely NOT the White color. I've seen them in person, and it looks pretty nice, actually. Much nicer and less abrasive than the Pearl White.

4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I read this as soon as I saw it.