Ibanez Ergodyne Pickups - Are they Blades or Individual Pole Pieces?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by circuitspore, Dec 26, 2014.

1. circuitspore

circuitspore

Aug 27, 2006
    Raleigh, NC
    I have an Ibanez Ergodyne EDB 700 that I'm considering modifying into a five string with an extra high B/C and super-tight string spacing. Does anyone out there know whether the two pickups in this bass have blade or individual pole pieces?

For what it's worth, the pickup model #s are "IBZ DXH2N" and "IBZ DXH2B". My google-fu is weak because so far I haven't found any info on those pickups.

Here's a link to the old listing from Musician's Friend: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/bass/ibanez-edb700-4-string-electric-bass

Any info is appreciated!

2. Get some magnetic viewing film.

3. circuitspore

circuitspore

Aug 27, 2006
    Raleigh, NC
    Never heard of that stuff before; just looked it up. Thanks for the suggestion!

4. JustForSport

JustForSport

Nov 17, 2011
    Move the end of a cut-off bass string across the face of the pickup- you'll find where poles, rails are located as well as layout- split or dual coil, etc.
    From Ibanez catalog, they are passive (DX), humbucking (H), 2nd version (2), b or n (bridge or neck), and the 5 string version ends with a 5, so they are likely split-coils.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2014