Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez Ergodyne

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Area51nense, Sep 9, 2000.

1. Area51nense

Area51nense

Apr 27, 2000
    Hi,
    I've bought an Ibanez Ergodyne EDB600. It looks to me a very good bass, it's easy to handle, the shape is wonderful and the luthite body looks resistant. Its strings are still new and my amplifier is old and bad so I can't say anything sure about the sound, except that it's very good for the slap... What do you think about it? Did you play it?
    Bye
    Area51nense

2. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    If you just bought it. Congratulations!!
    But my point is: Are you willing to take negative comments??
    I always ask Before buying, not after.

Althought I have got to say that the Ibanez EDB400 that I've played sounded very good but its playability was no good at all. The neck pickup bothers a lot when slapping.

I like Luthite too. I have a Cort Curbow. Made of the same material that your Ergo does.

3. fat jonny

fat jonny

Jul 8, 2000
    Columbus Ohio
    I have the EDB605 and I like it quite a bit. the only thing is that the action is a little high at the upper frets; and thats AFTER a pro setup. overall its a good bass though. the EQ is versatile enough for a lot of styles.

4. 5156246

Sep 6, 2000
    Germany
    I own a EDB605 5string.

I liked it...

It was just a station to a real great bass, because the Ergodyne sound does not satisfy me any more.

If you played any good Warwick such as the streamer stage II you know what's missing with the Ergodyne.

It is IMO a middle-skilled player bass but for really great sound and playability it is not satisfiying.

5. yay! I'm not the only one with the EDB600 now :D I looove the bass =) now you just need to get a nice amp and you'll be in even more love with it =) Rock on

-Willz

6. gmstudio99

gmstudio99

Mar 11, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    Read any two posts of mine here and you'll know that I'm a Fender guy, but I've said this before: whenever I get around to getting yet another bass, it'll probably be an Ergodyne. I don't slap, though, so the neck pickup thing that I've heard about before wouldn't be a problem.

Anyway, it's not my opinion or any of our opinions that matter, only yours. I just wanted to chime in here and say something postive and true...I like Ergodynes! :D

-GM

7. Area51nense

Area51nense

Apr 27, 2000
    Hi,
    well... so the Ibanez Ergodyne is good for other people too... effectively I think it's a great bass.
    For Ifabara: logically before buying it I knew that bass and I red many comments about it, i just wanted to know what do you think... I don't know the EDB400 series, I just can say that the EDB600 is really good to slap.
    bye
    Area51nense

8. I almost never slap my EDB600 but it has a great slap tone when I do =P well, my baby's calling me (my bass) later!

-Willz

9. Lord Luthite

Lord Luthite

Jul 8, 2000
    Hi guys,

Well a few months back, I bought an EDB690 and I would have to say I'm pretty wrapt with it. The EQ gives a great range of sounds and it's good for a variety of styles.

Doing the whole covers thing requires lots of different sounds, and I've found it fantastic for that. I play it through a Trace Elliot combo ... very nice sound. Glad to see there are some other fans of luthite out there !!

10. I`sorry to say that, but i own a edb605 and i´m not satisfied at all. U see, playability is great i.m.o.,
    but it lacks tone. The sound in particular is not that bad, but it's a little bit muddy and untight but especially i DOESN´T CUT THROUGH !!! U see, I need much more power compared to any other bass i've played. And It`s output is kind of nothing. Lot's of passives qould produce more output (u see, active input, gain nearly all the way up).
    But don't be worried, i'm quite sure that this are my very special problems. But soon the BTB will come to me...

Johannes