1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

Ibanez Ergonomic Headless Bass (EHB) club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Killed_by_Death, Nov 5, 2020.

1. ltsal

ltsal

Dec 12, 2017
    Germany
    You could lower the pickups to match the ramp.
    I’m probably gonna do that since my pickups more or less at ramp height.

The week tape is good thing.
    This way I can try it and if I don’t like it. It’s easy to rip off.

2. Nuage420

Nuage420 Supporting Member

Dec 7, 2014
    USA
    Lowering the pickups affects the output. I have them where I want them so getting a thicker double sided tape achieved the purpose. It's easy to remove regardless. What I'm saying is it's so weak mine would fall off while playing and sometimes even when sitting on the stand. Just offering some of the solutions a few of us have come up with and shared in the thread.

ltsal likes this.
  3. five7

five7 Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2009
    Denver
    What is the recommended height for the pickups. Mine showed up with them very high and I lowered them but would really like to know the correct height.

4. Nuage420

Dec 7, 2014
    USA
    Adjust until your ear likes what it hears. I try not to go too high on the B.

ltsal likes this.
  5. Nuage420

Dec 7, 2014
    USA
    Recorded some tone samples of my EHB with the barts and east pre. Just noodling around but I did each pick up solo then both combined. Tone all on tone rolled off and tone halfway. Active and passive. I'll post them on SoundCloud and will put the start time for each configuration in the description.

Hopefully I can get time to swap in the Nords today and get those recorded.

christle, Mekana, bste9 and 1 other person like this.
  6. I posted this in the other large EHB thread. Just was hoping for some additional feedback, although the reply I already received was helpful
    New Ibanez (headless, multiscale)

7. ltsal

ltsal

Dec 12, 2017
    Germany
    What kind of Strings are you guys using?
    The last years steels I’ve been using steels strings but I’m kinda digging the nickel strings that came on the Ehb1005ms.
    I might actually join team nickel.

8. jetsaber

jetsaber

Apr 11, 2020
    Clairemont S.D.
    IMG_20210209_102231903~2.jpg

Nuage420 likes this.
  9. Nuage420

Dec 7, 2014
    USA
    For me I went from D'Addario NYXL for years and recently switched to Ernieball, I love the cobalt rounds. My second EHB I will run powerslinky on as it'll be used for drop tuning. I also like the Neon DRs and the Black Beauties, unfortunately they die super fast.

10. Berger912

Berger912 Supporting Member

Mar 26, 2004
    Rockland County, NY
    MJC Iron Works

Nuage420 likes this.
  11. KPJ

KPJ

Oct 2, 2001
    Methuen, MA USA
    My 1005MS still has the stock D'Addario's on it, which happen to be my string of choice for over 20 years. The 1505MS has MJC Iron Works 45-125 on it, and I like them a lot. Very similar in feel to me to the D'Addario.

Nuage420 likes this.
  12. Bartrinsic

Bartrinsic Supporting Member

Jan 6, 2018
    San Diego
    I'm a fan of the D'Addario NYXLs. They do seem to be a good match for this bass.

Nuage420 likes this.
  13. lucas303

lucas303

Mar 11, 2019
    Colorado
    I'm thinking about switching over to the EHB1506MS. I currently have the five-string version strung D to A#, and my Dingwall five-string strung A to F. I like the low A and the high F#, and don't love having to switch basses to access either, so six-string seems like the obvious path forward. Does anyone want to talk me in or out of going with the EHB1506MS?

Nuage420 likes this.
  14. Nuage420

Dec 7, 2014
    USA
    For Sale/Trade - Ibanez EHB1506MS better then new condition.

there's one waiting for you! @AB Nate

15. lucas303

lucas303

Mar 11, 2019
    Colorado
    I saw that but for the life of me I can't figure out why I'd pay that price for a used one when I could get a brand new one for less. The title says "better than new condition" but I don't see what makes it "better than new." Maybe I'm missing something? At any rate, thanks for the heads up anyway.

LordHar likes this.
  16. Depending on when AB Nate bought his, that might be under retail for the Canadian market. Introductory price for the 1506 up here was CAD 2200$ before tax - I got mine for that much as a pre-order, but the same major chain I got mine from has them for 2600$ CAD now. Smaller retailers vary and are mostly at 2350$ CAD, which after tax is around 1950$ US.

You're still probably better off buying new in the US based on pricing from Sweetwater and the fact that shipping from Canada will run you extra and border charges on top...

Nuage420 and lucas303 like this.
  17. five7

five7 Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2009
    Denver
    Has anyone replaced the Neutrik locking one with a normal non locking one. If so what model?

18. ltsal

ltsal

Dec 12, 2017
    Germany
    So im not the only one that don’t like the Neutrik lock jack!!

DiabolicLow B and five7 like this.
  19. jetsaber

jetsaber

Apr 11, 2020
    Clairemont S.D.
    page-46
    maxoges

five7 likes this.
  20. five7

five7 Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2009
    Denver
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2021
    Nuage420 likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 16, 2021