1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ibanez Ergonomic Headless Bass (EHB) club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Killed_by_Death, Nov 5, 2020.

1. jetsaber

jetsaber

Apr 11, 2020
    Clairemont S.D.

pdflogo32.gif

XRP3 3mm deep, plastic recess plate for custom mounting options.

Drill or punch guide.

CP30300 with 3.5mm countersunk mounting holes.

CP30300X with 2.5mm plain mounting holes.

five7 and Nuage420 like this.
  2. Nuage420

Nuage420 Supporting Member

Dec 7, 2014
    USA
    20210210_111419.jpg

The deed is done. I need to make some height adjustments and tweak the eq on my preamp but so far I am extremely pleased with these pickups. Ibby's and Nordstrands are my favorite combo.

JoePDX, gzarruk, Bartrinsic and 6 others like this.
  3. five7

five7 Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2009
    Denver
    What about this one.
    CP303075

4. P Cheen

P Cheen formerly Jaxon5 Supporting Member

Apr 4, 2015
    Sacramento, CA
    That’s great! Love the East knobs too, lol. What strings are those?

Nuage420 likes this.
  5. Nuage420

Dec 7, 2014
    USA
    Ernie Ball Cobalts, my favorites. Yes the East knobs are really good quality feel great and look like what the EHB deserves from factory lol

LowEndLobster likes this.
  6. James_027

James_027

Mar 4, 2020
    thanks for sharing this ... does the new pickup make a huge difference from the stock one?

7. James_027

James_027

Mar 4, 2020
    I never did changing string and intonation myself with traditional one. Anyone here did try to change string and set intonation for the 1st time with their ehb? Was it more easier with ebh than the traditional one?

Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
  8. skeeler

skeeler I am a stick.

May 30, 2015
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    Ibanez has a video on how to change the strings on the EHB. It doesn't look that different from a standard bass. In fact, it may be easier, because you won't have to wind the strings around the tuners.

Setting the intonation should be exactly the same as on a standard. You just need a #1 Phillips or JIS screwdriver.

Nuage420 likes this.
  9. jetsaber

jetsaber

Apr 11, 2020
    Clairemont S.D.
    May I ask the size specs for those pot knobs ?
    Thank's.

Nuage420 likes this.
  10. Nuage420

Dec 7, 2014
    USA
    They're the knobs that come with the John East Uni-Pre.

UNI-PRE 4 Knob

11. Nuage420

Dec 7, 2014
    USA
    @P Cheen I made a mistake, these are power slinkies. I thought I had changed them for the chomes but just found my unopened chromes while redoing my little studio nook. They both sound similar but the chromes a bit brighter and more growl when new and last longer. These powers have maybe 2 going on three months of daily use for 3-6 hours a day on average (some days I've played ALL DAY), and still can be bright and punchy. I'm actually looking to order a custom set of Chromes using the power 4 guages then adding a 135 low B.

12. James_027

James_027

Mar 4, 2020
    sorry for this question, does the video show how to set the intonation?

13. P Cheen

P Cheen formerly Jaxon5 Supporting Member

Apr 4, 2015
    Sacramento, CA
    It’s easy! It’s just like a regular bass bridge.

14. loSbabbaro

loSbabbaro

Nov 11, 2018
    Hi James, I think at this point you asked the same question at least three times, getting the same answer not sure if this is a kind of social experiment or what?

15. ltsal

ltsal

Dec 12, 2017
    Germany
    Well...
    I have to return my club membership card because I’m going to return my Ehb1005ms.
    I’m not really bonding with the bass, last week my car broke down and I need the money to fix it.

No need to call security, I show myself the way out.

Thanks Guys

Herrick and Bartrinsic like this.
  16. Unmost

Unmost Supporting Member

Oct 27, 2020
  17. skeeler

skeeler I am a stick.

May 30, 2015
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    Does anyone know when the 1000S and 1005SMS are expected to hit US stores?

ric4682 likes this.
  18. Mattionals

Mattionals Supporting Member

Jan 10, 2006
    Doylestown, PA
    Ok, so I got my Big Rigs in. I tried the uni ore and I think I killed it. So now I'm just using the stock preamp with the big rigs.

All I can say is, aside from the passive mode which still isn't quite "it" for me, the combo of big rigs plus active stock preamp just downright kicks butt. I think I'm sold on leaving it alone now, as just the pickup swap alone did enough for the sound to make me a believer.

Also, it seems like Nordy has gotten a few requests for replacement pickups for the 1005MS. My custom pickups came with only two screw points instead of the traditional 3 for a P4 housing (so they match the stock Ibby bart's) and the poles are lined up instead of offset so that they in fact straddle the string when mounted.

I love this thing! 20210218_140020.jpg

Farrin D, gzarruk, Vishyyy and 2 others like this.
  19. bste9

bste9 Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    St. Louis
    how long was your wait? I've been wanting to place an order for Big Splits I think, just haven't pulled the trigger yet.

20. Mattionals

Mattionals Supporting Member

Jan 10, 2006
    Doylestown, PA
    I ordered on Jan. 20th and received them yesterday, so about a month.

bste9 likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 28, 2021