1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ibanez Ergonomic Headless Bass (EHB) club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Killed_by_Death, Nov 5, 2020.

1. Nuage420

Nuage420 Supporting Member

Dec 7, 2014
    USA
    Congrats! Mine don't line up due to them coming off of a roscoe I think the guy had them made for, parallel fret but mounted the pickups at an angle. But, I only paid like 200 for them and no wait so no complaints from me.

How did you kill the pre???

2. trainyourhuman

trainyourhuman

Apr 12, 2000
    MI
    I love everything about this. Where did you order the pink from?

3. Vishyyy

Vishyyy

Aug 29, 2020
    Could these pups fit on the 1005SMS? I've got one hopefully coming March and thinking I might go with Nordy's.

4. Mattionals

Mattionals Supporting Member

Jan 10, 2006
    Doylestown, PA
    Well, I have no idea. I am very aware that the UNI Pre is super sensitive to noise, and I shielded the entire cavity with copper tape, but I ended up with just a noisy mess. At one point I think i heard noise just coming from an oscillator, and then very loud shreaking, then dead.

I bought mine on Reverb through a dealer in Canada, since Canada gets the pink. That image from my phone makes it look way more pink than it is in person. It's less pink than say, Shell Pink, but I absolutely love it.

Ibanez says it's a BH2 pickup, but I don't know if it's the same size as the P4. I think I read somewhere that they also have BH-2 pickups in P2 housings. Either way, once you know the pickup size, you can custom order pickups from Nordstrand to fit.

Vishyyy likes this.
  5. Nuage420

Dec 7, 2014
    USA
    @Mattionals did you do the star ground to the shielding? Also the connections of the ehb jack arent the same as the diagram from the east pre.

6. Mekana

Mekana Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2009
    Sweetwater said April at first, but now they say June...
    (I saw somewhere, probably eBay, that we can get them shipped from Japan with a March estimated delivery date. It was about $400 more expensive... I decided to stick with Sweetwater and wait to get it when they have them.)

skeeler likes this.
  7. James_027

James_027

Mar 4, 2020
    No. With regards to the video, it doesn't say something about the intonation... or I may be just poor in english as it's not my main language

8. Farrin D

Farrin D

Jun 7, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I’ve been lurking around on this thread for a while to see if any videos have popped up with the new 1005sms or 1000s, but I just happened to come across this today!

9. JES

JES Supporting Member

A question to anyone with any of the EHBs: does the locking Neutrik jack help or hurt? I am clumsy enough to step on my cable, so on the one hand it would keep it in the bass. But on the other, would I just fall over then?

10. jetsaber

jetsaber

Apr 11, 2020
    Clairemont S.D.
    Very Secure .
    Almost to Good.

JES and KPJ like this.
  11. skeeler

skeeler I am a stick.

May 30, 2015
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    I did some searching and couldn't find an answer, so forgive me if this topic has been covered:

What are the options for replacing the 4-string BH2 pickups in the EHB1000 and presumably the EHB1005S? I'm very interested in the 1000S (in addition to the 1*05MS I've mentioned before), but I've never really enjoyed the stock Bartolinis in other Ibanezes. Is there a Nordstrand option that fits?

12. P Cheen

P Cheen formerly Jaxon5 Supporting Member

Apr 4, 2015
    Sacramento, CA
    Yes, you would have to custom-order a Nordy set in the size and shape of a Bart BC. It would have to be the 2-screw hole version and not the typical 3-screw hole (2 holes bass side, 1 hole treble side).
    I think the Aguilar DCB should be available in the BC shape as well.

LowEndLobster likes this.
  13. Sid the Kid

Sid the Kid Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2013
    Illinois
    Drat, my new TSF EHB suffers from the buzz. Really bad when fingers contact the pole pieces. Reluctantly I removed the bridge and bared some metal on the bottom as well as ran a strip of copper tape over the bridge ground wire. This helped considerably but I can still coax some buzz out of it, thankfully I don’t think I would be capable of doing this while playing. I was hoping not to have to do anything like this. I suppose I will try the clear nail polish trick if it continues to bug me.

I’d be lying if I said this didn’t take some of the wind out of my sails, but the bass looks and plays terrific so I can justify the work. Still though...:banghead:

Nuage420 likes this.
  14. Wretched Banana

Wretched Banana

Mar 7, 2020
    MA, US
    Secure when it works. It doesn’t lock with some cables, at all, for example none of my D’addario cables lock in, but Fenders work. In any event, it’s annoying as hell and pulling out cables is a PITA. Given the choice I’d go without a locking jack every time and I know I’m not alone.

Nuage420, JES, christle and 1 other person like this.
  15. Herrick

Herrick

Jul 21, 2010
    Munchkin Land
    All right, I just ordered a EHB1005MS in Matte Black. I wanted to wait until Sweetwater got more in but I couldn't resist any longer and bought one on eBay.

KPJ and Nuage420 like this.
  16. JES

JES Supporting Member

After reading up some more, I think I could skip it as well. Thank you!

Nuage420 likes this.
  17. Nuage420

Dec 7, 2014
    USA
    Mine holds everything I've stuck in there. Mogami, EB, Boss, ProCo, No Name, my pinkie, my wink... oops

18. Herrick

Herrick

Jul 21, 2010
    Munchkin Land
    I don't know if it's a trick of the camera or lighting but the EHB1005MS I bought seems to have a very dark fretboard. I don't think I've seen one like that on these basses. It's definitely not a deal breaker.

Nuage420 likes this.
  19. Wretched Banana

Wretched Banana

Mar 7, 2020
    MA, US
    I’ve seen reports of daddario/planet waves cables doing weird things with jacks, so it might be the exception. I’m specifically talking about these guys with the full plastic casings: https://www.amazon.com/Planet-Waves-Custom-Instrument-Cable/dp/B0002H09P2

Nuage420 likes this.
  20. Wretched Banana

Wretched Banana

Mar 7, 2020
    MA, US
    Ok check this out, they are very different shapes, so figures. 52A3A21D-1B1E-4EE3-BDA0-D1FCA9BFF4CF.jpeg

DiabolicLow B and Nuage420 like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 28, 2021