1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ibanez Ergonomic Headless Bass (EHB) club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Killed_by_Death, Nov 5, 2020.

1. Nuage420

Nuage420 Supporting Member

Dec 7, 2014
    USA
    Interesting, I stopped using D'Addario and planet waves when 3 cables went bad on me in a 2 week period.
    Also that response was purely for my juvenile humor.

Zooberwerx likes this.
  2. jetsaber

jetsaber

Apr 11, 2020
    Clairemont S.D.
    Forgot to Mention .
    Boss Cables I use.
    Tough Fit .

Nuage420 likes this.
  3. Nuage420

Dec 7, 2014
    USA
    That is really dark. Looks beautiful still

five7 likes this.
  4. Wretched Banana

Wretched Banana

Mar 7, 2020
    MA, US
    On a different note, I’m sad to report that my 1505 (the dragon eye burst) has developed sharp fret ends. It was perfectly smooth to touch when I got it 7 months ago and explicitly audited the neck for fretwork. I noticed the issue only a couple weeks ago and I play every day, so it’s recent. Yeah so the wood moves no surprise there, but I live in a studio apartment so the bass also lives next to where I eat sleep and type this, in a reasonably environment-proof setup, so I wasn’t expecting to see issues this fast. Anyway, no biggie, my Fender J was worse stock and otherwise the neck is solid where it really matters; didn’t even need a truss rod adjustment after day 1.

5. jetsaber

jetsaber

Apr 11, 2020
    Clairemont S.D.
    Give it back.
    I Enjoy mine . 100_3913.jpg

6. five7

five7 Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2009
    Denver
    Do the basswood/roasted maple weigh the same as the mahogany ones?

7. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    I had two of the Classic cables go bad within the past year. The first go-round, I mailed the defective cable back and they replaced with a new one...duh. Second time was different: I e-mailed pics of the lot # and cable with the plug severed. They sent me two replacements this time.

My Ibanez SDGR 755 is the absolute worst as the jack is tight-as-a-tick. You almost have to buy it a nice dinner before you can slip it in.

Riis

Nuage420 likes this.
  8. KPJ

KPJ

Oct 2, 2001
    Methuen, MA USA
    I have a 1505ms and a 1005ms. They are pretty comparable weight-wise.

Nuage420 likes this.
  9. Nuage420

Dec 7, 2014
    USA
    I'm tempted to grab a 1505. Is it worth it to own both?

10. KPJ

KPJ

Oct 2, 2001
    Methuen, MA USA
    Depends. I wanted a backup bass similar to my main bass so I got the 1005. They have different sounds with the different pickups but you can make them sound close enough to each other. Then I joined a band that tunes to Eb so now the 1005 is tuned a half step down while the 1505 stays standard.

Nuage420 likes this.
  11. Nuage420

Dec 7, 2014
    USA
    I swapped big rigs into my 1005ms. I have the same thought process. Near identical basses but tuned different.

12. lucas303

lucas303

Mar 11, 2019
    Colorado
    Well, nothing takes the fun out of NBD like a problem with the instrument right out of the box :meh:

I've got a buzzing/rattling sound coming from the A string bridge on my 1506MS. Anyone experienced something similar? I tightened the screws I could access and that didn't help.

13. P Cheen

P Cheen formerly Jaxon5 Supporting Member

Apr 4, 2015
    Sacramento, CA
    I’m assuming you’ve tried adjusting the bridge saddle so it’s higher?

14. jetsaber

jetsaber

Apr 11, 2020
    Clairemont S.D.
    Maybe the A string itself ?

15. lucas303

lucas303

Mar 11, 2019
    Colorado
    That wouldn't help anything when the buzzing/rattling is coming from the bridge itself. It goes away when I press down on the bridge with my hand.

I've changed the string and it didn't help at all.

16. jetsaber

jetsaber

Apr 11, 2020
    Clairemont S.D.
    The bridge spacing hex screw is tight and or level ?

Nuage420 likes this.
  17. Herrick

Herrick

Jul 21, 2010
    Munchkin Land
    I got my EHB1005MS today and an hour or two later, it started developing cracks. I bought it from an authorized Ibanez dealer on eBay but they do not accept returns so it looks like I'll have to use the Ibanez warranty. What do you guys think?

20210226_132630.jpg 20210226_132649.jpg 20210226_132703.jpg

Zooberwerx likes this.
  18. lucas303

lucas303

Mar 11, 2019
    Colorado
    I would be so very unhappy about that. Best of luck to you!

19. Herrick

Herrick

Jul 21, 2010
    Munchkin Land
    I think it's a bit odd that an authorized Ibanez dealer does not accept returns. I could've claimed that the bass arrived in this condition (and perhaps the cracks were too tiny for me to notice at first) but I'm going to play it straight and be honest about this.

Edit: Nevermind. On the item description, it says they do accept returns. For some reason, when I used eBay's return feature it said the seller does not accept returns. I'll just contact the seller and see where it goes from here.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2021 at 1:09 PM
    five7 and Nuage420 like this.
  20. Nuage420

Dec 7, 2014
    USA
    Is the bottom right mark possibly from getting hit? It's as if the the hardware was over torqued and caused that split though. I would be pretty upset about that. I do believe that is the first we've seen in TB land that is that bad.

bste9 likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 28, 2021