1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

Ibanez Ergonomic Headless Bass (EHB) club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Killed_by_Death, Nov 5, 2020.

1. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Jeez louise! What are they using to glue these things up?!? Unless designed to be sacrificial, a properly glued / clamped laminate seam should be as strong, if not stronger, than the surrounding wood. I would half-expect to see a failure within the weaker grains like we sometimes encounter with Fender-esque headstocks.

Riis

Nuage420 likes this.
  2. Nuage420

Nuage420 Supporting Member

Dec 7, 2014
    USA
    https://www.guitarcenter.com/Daily-Pick.gc

Just a heads up I've been using the boss/roland cables pretty exclusively and they've been great. For perspective I have mogami, ernieball, and proco cables just hanging out in reserve. Today's GC deal is a two pack 25' for $39.99.

bste9 and jetsaber like this.
  3. Nuage420

Dec 7, 2014
    USA
    @Zooberwerx I'm gonna guess it's a bad batch. The model has been out for a year now and these busted head stocks are popping up? that really sucks! I still love mine and it's been as solid as Mjölnir

4. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    It would be great for Ibanez if the defect(s) was traced to a particular lot # as this would certainly narrow the focus. OTOH, if there is no well-defined correlation and the issue is global...appearing t/o the product line...I'd be a little more concerned as the failures may not be predictable nor follow any particular time-line.

Riis

five7 and Nuage420 like this.
  5. J-Dragon

J-Dragon

Sep 27, 2019
    I have a question for you guys, asking for help.

I love my Ehb but could not find a best gigbag for it.
    Since the Ehb is slightly bigger than a electric guitar, It is quite hard to find one.
    I saw a thread that guitar Mono M80 fits but I want a lighter bag.
    I found out that Mono Sleeve is 1/2 inch smaller than the M80 in length.
    I really liked my Mono Bass Sleeve's quality and lightness therefore want to go for its guitar version if it fits.
    Will the Mono Sleeve be long enough for Ehb?

I just found out Gator Transit guitar case fits too.
    Will I have to remove the foam at the bottom and top inside the case?

Waiting for advice..

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
    Nuage420 likes this.
  6. P Cheen

P Cheen formerly Jaxon5 Supporting Member

Apr 4, 2015
    Sacramento, CA
    IIRC I measured my 1005MS to be 42 inches (1.07m) long. Find a gig bag that has that or longer for the internal length.

Bartrinsic and J-Dragon like this.
  7. Nuage420

Dec 7, 2014
    USA
    I keep the foam at top and bottom of my transit and it fits in nice and snug. You could take it out if you want more room. I like mine secure though

J-Dragon likes this.
  8. christle

christle

Jan 26, 2002
    Canada
    I ended up using a Gator Transit. It was more affordable and a great fit.

J-Dragon and Nuage420 like this.
  9. Herrick

Herrick

Jul 21, 2010
    Munchkin Land
    Wow. I was thinking of getting a 1505 because I have not seen any of them broken like that...but I'll just get another 1005 when they're back in stock.

Nuage420 likes this.
  10. Aidil

Aidil

Dec 4, 2014
    Jkt, IDN
    Both internal measurements of M80 Classic and M80 Vertigo electric guitar versions are shown on Mono's website to have the same 41½" in length. But, I've put in and shown the pictures of my 1005MS fits just fine inside both gigbags.

And by looking at the tightness of my 1005MS inside my M80 Vertigo, I'd say a ½" shorter in the internal length would still fit. Although, it would be even tighter fit.

I wrote on my EHB NBD thread, rather than the M80 Sleeve, the newer M80 Stealth Electric Guitar model should be the safer bet for those who prefer slim type of gigbags. The specs say this one has an inch longer internal dimension than the M80 Sleeve.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
    J-Dragon likes this.
  11. Herrick

Herrick

Jul 21, 2010
    Munchkin Land
    Anyone have the inside scoop on when these basses will be back in stock?

12. bste9

bste9 Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    St. Louis
    I wish Killed by Death was still around, he seemed to be pretty knowledgeable on Nordstrands. I am about to pull the trigger on some Nordstrand pu's for my EHB1005. Trying to decide which ones to go with. I use Spector Euros as my main bass, so I really like the agressiveness of the EMGs. Any suggestions? My last ditch effort to make teh EHB work for me. Love the feel and playability of it, but haven't gotten the sounds I am looking for out of it. If Nordstrands dont help I will likely be putting it up for sale.

13. P Cheen

P Cheen formerly Jaxon5 Supporting Member

Apr 4, 2015
    Sacramento, CA
    I don’t wish to generalize but alas... Nordstrands are known for their clarity (which IMO the Bartolini BH2 lacks) and not aggressiveness.
    KBD was a huge fan of the Zen Blades though.

Bartrinsic and Nuage420 like this.
  14. five7

five7 Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2009
    Denver
    The 1505 I had did not sound like emg's. I owned several modulus and liked emg better than bartolini. I like a crisp sound.

15. Nighttrain1127

Nighttrain1127 Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2004
    Near Worcester MA
    I just got one shipped from Sweetwater a couple days ago.

Nuage420 and five7 like this.
  16. The Nords don't sound like EMGs - they are less polite. But the EMGs in the Spectors sound different anyway.
    The Nords on the 1505 are the Big Splits, which sound maybe a bit rounder than the big singles, but very little in it. I have big singles on my SR1605 and 2605.

But hard to say because I haven't heard the 1005 with the BH2s, but having never been a fan of the licensed barts (to the point of selling everything I had with them), I can't imagine I would like them. If I had a 1005 I would just put the nords in there, which I suppose would make it pointless having one. More likely, if I got the 1005SMS, I would want to put nords in there.

And if he was still here (which he is in spirit!) he would just rant about the barts, so it wouldn't help!

Is there no way you can try a 1505 - because I would assume that a 1005 with nords would sound just like that.

Nuage420 likes this.
  17. Nuage420

Dec 7, 2014
    USA
    I went with big rigs and I like them more than the big singles. They're distinctively Nordstrands but not as top end rowdy as the singles. Still rowdy just slightly more contained.

18. Nighttrain1127

Nighttrain1127 Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2004
    Near Worcester MA
    I have a SRMS805 With the BH2's in it . It is much darker sounding then the 1505MS with the Nords in it . Not that it sounds bad or anything. But it has much less High end energy then the 1505MS.

Nuage420 likes this.
  19. Aidil

Aidil

Dec 4, 2014
    Jkt, IDN
    Not everyone prefers pickups with a lot of top end frequency response. I've just recently sold my BTB Premium with Nordstrand Big Singles. They have way more top end than any of my Bartolinis, including the USA made CBC pairs.

Neither that I had problems with single coil pickups, like the Big Singles. I've been more of a single coil pickups user, for 23+ years, than my time with dual coil pickups.

gzarruk and Nuage420 like this.
  20. bste9

bste9 Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    St. Louis
    Well, I put and order in for a set of Big Splits. If anyone is interested in a pair of Aquilar DCBs that will be coming out of my EHB1005MS, I will be selling them once I get the Nordstrands in.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 16, 2021