1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ibanez experts: is this a factory second?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by EpicSoundtracks, Dec 16, 2017.

Tags:
  1. EpicSoundtracks

EpicSoundtracks

Mar 10, 2006
    Oakland, CA
    Lollar Pickups, Dunlop Strings
    5EC103BA-8D65-42E9-AE40-653110BD0C14. Just acquired this bass as a project and noticed what looks like an “S” scribed in the back of the headstock. i assume this indicates that it was a second but i’d like to get the opinion of the experts. thanks in advance!

2. UNICORN BASS

UNICORN BASS

Feb 10, 2016
    Michigan USA
    I am not an expert but yup, that sure looks like a Second stamp to me. If you can't find an issue, great.

de1orean likes this.
  3. Bassist Jay

Bassist Jay

Dec 28, 2009
    Sterling, CO.
    Endorsed by K.B. Guitars, Nordstrand Audio Pickups, Von York Strings and Gallien-Krueger Amps.
    The bass has a build date of 10-15-2010 out of the Indonesian plant and was the 511th instrument made that month. I’m not aware of B stock instruments getting stamped at the factory though? It may have been and then sold to an employee and they later on sold it and that’s how it got into circulation but I would like to see the entire bass to see what would make it a B stock.

de1orean likes this.
  4. EpicSoundtracks

EpicSoundtracks

Mar 10, 2006
    Oakland, CA
    great info, thanks Jay!

Bassist Jay likes this.
  5. EpicSoundtracks

EpicSoundtracks

Mar 10, 2006
    Oakland, CA
    Old Blastard likes this.
  6. hypercarrots

hypercarrots

Jan 28, 2009
    los angeles
    Yes that s stamp is how ibanez marks their factory seconds

de1orean likes this.
  7. Oh, that's something new for me. Wasn't aware that Ibanez did that. Will look out for it in the future when I shop around.

de1orean likes this.