1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ibanez FL9 Flanger

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by The_D, Mar 2, 2008.

1. The_D

The_D Well, thats like your opinion. Man...

Mar 20, 2004
    Fife, Scotland
    I am watching one of these on ebay and was wondering if anyone on here uses it.

I fancy trying a flanger and am on a bit of a budget but even on a budget I dont fancy trying anymore Behringer pedals. The Tuner I bought is just a pain and has bother tracking my E string. Glad I dont play fivers lol!

2. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    I'm going to save you from the wrath of the Sleestaks of Search.

Or maybe not...

3. The_D

Mar 20, 2004
    Fife, Scotland
    I did search. Probably not as well as I could have right enough but I am at work and only at the PC for 2-3 minutes at a time!

4. veloce

veloce

Feb 10, 2007
    Latha math, The_D!

How's Fife? I just spent a month in Edinburgh and am already wanting to come visit again...ok, moving on to the pedal:

I actually just purchased a 1981 FL9 two days ago!
    Having played around with it almost constantly, I will openly admit that it is by far the best sounding flanger I have heard. The originals, in all of their analog glory, have a near identical schematic layout to the early Maxon FL-9s. I would highly recommend this pedal. It is not just a one-trick-pony. It can do everything from the typical "jet-flange" stuff, all the way to a weird chorusy-echo-ridden-wobble. It is phenomenal.

get it if you can! (make sure it is an original though. those reissues are not half as good.)

Cheers,
    Peter

5. The_D

Mar 20, 2004
    Fife, Scotland
    Cheers Veloce. Fife is pretty bloody cold and windy at the moment. Save your return trip till mid to late July. Much better weather then. Still probably rain like haha!

It looks like an original. A bit scuffed and looks pretty well used. I managed to find some reviews on Harmony central but they dont seem to mention whether a bass or geetard had been used. Good to know it works well on a bass :)

6. veloce

veloce

Feb 10, 2007
    True, true. I imagine it's right under 10 degrees! Bloody cold, that is, bloody cold.
    I think I'll save that trip for summer ;).

Anyways, if it is indeed an original, than it is well worth the quid. (For reference, mine was only £22. However, mine is missing the door for the battery compartment, so that may have a bit to do with it...)