1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ibanez fretless ABG review

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by scrimjer, Jul 23, 2012.

1. scrimjer

scrimjer

May 20, 2012
    Pros:
    Cost,$200 new from MF
    Build: great set up right out of the box,min finish flaws.
    Neck: and nice level fingerboard.
    Sound: Even over all the strings plugged or unplugged.
    Volume: Quite with finger style, but nice volume with a pic.
    Electronics: Built in tuner, active pre amp 2 band EQ and volume slider, easy 9 volt access.
    Cons:
    Build: BLACK! no other colors offerd, no cutaway option, nut cutting sloppy, rather cheap feeling tuners.The body and neck are smaller then one would expect.
    Neck: It's a fretless, if you have no idea or dont want to learn how to play one you will be very unhappy with this bass. the lines on the neck are helpful, but the dot markers useless.
    Strings: light round wound acoustic, I put a set of light 45-100 Fender flat wounds on mine, but thats just me.
    Sound: of course some feedback plugged in at volume.
    Electronics: the tuner only works if there is a plug in the jack, kinda a bad design, if you need to tune up and you dont have a patch cord handy, which can be the case being an acoustic instrument. Also would have liked to seen a all in one 9 volt holder and EQ, then the two diffrent places on the the top side, and maybe a endpin jack, then the out of the way on the bottom side.
    And in the end: its a hunk of wooden crap that you will never play in tune

2. scrimjer

scrimjer

May 20, 2012
    anyone else have this model?