Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez Fretless?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Strangelove, Jun 26, 2002.

1. Strangelove

Strangelove

Oct 29, 2001
    Illinois
    I have an Ibanez SR400 fretless that I picked up two years ago in a store for around $400, which includes a custom case. She is a really groovy bass, and I like her lots. I've never really seen a fretless SR400 advertised anywhere. Do I have a strange oddity of bass-ness parked in my basement right now?

2. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Sorry, Strangelove, you don't

SR400s are entry level soundgears. The fretless versions are (were?) available in black only.

3. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Anytime I see a fretless Ibanez on eBay its an SR400.

I think that must have been their only fretless model for years untill they released the BTB fretless.

Peace
    Nick

4. Heystrange love, what color is yours?

THe Gary Willis signature also comes fretless

5. smtnfi

smtnfi

Mar 29, 2013
    I have an SR400fl as well. 1998, made in korea. 3-band eq, plain fingerboard.

Ibanez gave the SRs a redesign in the early '00s or so, the 370 and 375 fretless models are the only ones I can think of since the change, other than the Willis model, which in my opinion is decent but overrated.

I just remembered for a while there was a pearl white finish SR300 fretless, as well as a short lived SR35. it was pretty much an SR305 in pewter metallic with a lined fingerboard.

6. RxFunk

RxFunk

Dec 2, 2012
    Arizona
    Whoa..zombie thread.

7. punkjazzben

punkjazzben

Jun 26, 2008
    Australia
    It's up there with the best. There was one a few weeks ago that was started in February 2001 and got its first reply in February this year. Something about lies of the rock n roll world...