Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez fretless

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by soundofphysics, Oct 23, 2000.

1. soundofphysics

soundofphysics

Jul 17, 2000
    i played an ibanez fretless the other day and i think jsut touching it permanently damaged my ability to play bass. Firstly Ibanez is so cheap they shipped it to the store with rounds, not flats, and at discount prices it was still about the same price as a carvin fretless, or one of the more inexpensive warwicks. Unfortunatly the only two fretless basses this store dealt were this piece of crap and a carlo robelli (i won't even get started on this one). I dunno maybe some out there has played an ibanez fretless and liked it, but in my opinion it was a waste of perfectly good fire wood. Sorry just had to rant and rave
    :)

2. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    So cheap, that I like Roundwounds on a Fretless.And I know many people that do too.
    So cheap, that most manufacturers DO that, as far as I know Carvin does too. ($10 if you want Flats installed).
    Can you please name the Ibanez model??If you are talking about the Ibanez AFR Affirma Fretless bass... Then you are nuts.
    :)
    hehehe
    Nothing Personal.

3. soundofphysics

soundofphysics

Jul 17, 2000
    lol, sorry, i just don't like rounds on fretless, but i guess you're right it's a matter of taste, i didn't catch the model, but i didn't really like the tone, but someone out there might, i just found it to be overpriced.

4. soundofphysics

soundofphysics

Jul 17, 2000
    at least you didn't stand up for the carlo robelli, lol

5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Yeah, Jaco and Pino don't know anything about playing fretless!

Their tone with roundwounds absolutely sucks! And they have no style either!

And Ibanez sucks!

:rolleyes:

6. soundofphysics

soundofphysics

Jul 17, 2000
    ehhhhhh bite me ;-) ... jsut kidding. I've been beat so i'll jsut shut up now, lol.