Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez Fuzz $35, Boss AW-2 $50 BFX708 $100 -or- b.o. for any

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Jeff Moote, Oct 23, 2002.

1. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    My asking price takes these +shipping, make any other cash or gear offers.

PM or email at MontyP@swirvemail.com

Zoom BFX 708:
    This is a decent multi effect pedal, not great, but not too many save the roland ones are. For the price this does a lot, and works well enough. It works as a headphone amp and tuner better than anything, and also in any of the patches the exp pedal can be assigned to volume control (a useful thing). 4 band EQ on every patch. The choruses, delay, and flangers are quite good. Ring mod and pitch shifting are pretty good too. Filters and disto questionable... IMO, this is a great alternative to a Korg Pandora... I have the original box and all manuals. I am just re organising my effects and don't use this anymore.

Boss AW-2
    This is out of production... Not that great, but it nails Flea's sound in Coffee Shop and other OHM songs (flea used one on that albums sessions) and it is good for percussive playing (slapping, muted guitar lines). It is better utilised for an auto occilation though, like flea uses it. Works fine, no box or manual.
    So overall, it's fairly good at what it does, but it's no envelope filter. musictoyz.com wants $75 for a mint one... mine's cheaper and lacks only a box, else it is like new.

Ibanez FZ-7 Fuzz
    This fuzz is kinda buzzy, and really thick. Could be good for synth chains. There isn't really noticable low end loss, because it is designed to add some to guitar (as with all fuzzes for guitar). Works fine, no box or manual.

2. Jeff Moote

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    bump... prices lowered on some

3. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    How much for the zoom now? Did you lower it at all? Thanks!
    Ray

4. Jeff Moote

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    lowered to $90. Can you swing that?

5. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Blah, I'm sorry. I didn't get my notification that you replied. But yeah, I've decided to avoid a multi-fx pedal, mainly I'm looking for a volume pedal. Thanks though!
    Ray