Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez GARTB20 Wiring

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by noahpurdy, Apr 16, 2012.

1. noahpurdy

noahpurdy

Mar 18, 2012
    Hi all.

I recently got back into playing bass guitar and picked up a cheap Ibanez GARTB20 from a local Guitar Center to gig with my friends band. We play country and after I tossed some nice flat wound strings on it, it started to sound great.

My only problem is I have no idea what the knobs do. I haven't been able to discern any tone difference or volume difference. Either nothing happens when they're all off or I hear my bass when they're all turned all the way up. I've attached some photos of the wiring and pick-ups. (Am I right in my assumption I have two volume knobs and one tone knob, or am I mis-understanding the wiring of these guitars?)

I'm pretty handy with a soldering iron and good at following schematics. I was wondering if you'd have any suggestions of where I could purchase a kit to re-wire the thing so that it actually functions; and maybe new pick-ups to get some beefier tone.

Cheers and thanks in advanced. Any info is appreciated!

Noah

Attached Files:

2. I know this is an old thread but I want to bump this back up as I have a similar question about rewiring. My GARTB20's jack broke a while back and I want to start using it again so I'm looking into totally overhauling it