Ibanez Gary Willis signature 5-string fretless for sale!

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by InfinityJaco, Oct 21, 2004.

1. InfinityJaco

Jun 5, 2001
    Hello, I'm selling my Ibanez Gary Willis Signature 5-string fretless bass because I'm looking to buy a Jazz Bass and put some flatwounds on it and get that Motown sound...I rarely play this fretless, which is another reason I'm selling it. These basses are kind of rare because you need to special order them and most stores won't do it. Mine took 3 months to get in at a Guitar Center in Plymouth Meeting, PA.

It is about 1 year old, I had it special ordered last summer before moving up to Boston to attend Berklee College of Music (you can have faith that I take care of my instruments since they are the tools of my trade). There is minimal fretboard wear and the body is in almost perfect condition, a few small dings here and there, but nothing really worth noting.

The active electronics and custom Bartolini GWB are in perfect condition and the tone of this bass is truly amazing! I've never played another fretless bass that had such a singing ("mwah") quality - much like Jaco's signature tone.

There are 2 control knobs, Bass/Treble and Volume (pull up to bypass active circuitry).
    This is a light, swamp ash body construction and a beautiful natural wood finish.
    There are 2 strap buttons on the back (as well as one on the horn obviously), but the 2 on the back are for height level adjustment - with the low one, you can get the bass much higher if you prefer that.
    The Willis Ramp! Gary Willis designed this ramp years ago for bassists to be able to play with a lighter touch for faster passages and control. I had a ramp installed on my main bass and I love it! The ramp is attached with double-sided poster tape (factory - although I re-leveled the ramp) and you can easily remove it and reattach it or leave it off with no damage to the wood.
    Unique tuning pegs (check them out at the link below!)
    Ibanez standard hard case included! (great condition with red liner inside - fits the bass perfectly! see the link below too).

I don't know what else to say, but you should really not pass this up if you're in the market for a fretless! A fantastic bass in great condition! E-mail me with any questions.

Check out the link for lots more pictures of this bass:

More pictures here - http://www.geocities.com/joyebass/willisebay.htm

I'm asking $1100 or best offer for the bass as it is in like new condition. Shipping and handling will be extra depending on where you live. Thanks.