1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ibanez Gsr 100???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by HollowSoul, Feb 10, 2004.

1. HollowSoul

HollowSoul

Feb 5, 2004
    Sweden!
    I need help is it whorth the mony to spend on a ibanez gsr 100?
    Is it a good bass? our just crapp?
    Do you own one?? plz tell me if its a good bass!
    :bassist: METAL!

2. riotkid976

riotkid976

Jan 30, 2004
    i havn't played one but i have looked @ them...they look like a good beginer bass but if it were me i would save up a little extra and get a gsr200, but maybe thats just me. Hope that helps, peace. :ninja:

3. flea-bass

flea-bass

Jan 30, 2004
    i have that bass it was my first and it is a great beginner bass. definitly recomend it

4. HollowSoul

HollowSoul

Feb 5, 2004
    Sweden!
    Thx guys....

5. Electricmayhem

Electricmayhem

Dec 18, 2003
    NH
    I had a GSR 200 and I really didn't like it that much...
    Can't imagine liking the 100 more. If I did this all over again, I think I would've started with a Squier Jazz that was in the same price range.

6. I have a GSR190 which is basically the GSR200 with a natural headstock.

I have grown to really like it. It's my first bass and it is great for learning on. Hell,if I goto a gig I'll surely take it with me.

It's right behind me.

7. Electricmayhem

Electricmayhem

Dec 18, 2003
    NH
    I just got rid of my 200. I don't think I've ever seen the 190.

8. HollowSoul

HollowSoul

Feb 5, 2004
    Sweden!
    okej thx ... butt dose the 190 have a extra mic. its in the way when you play i think.

9. By mic did yuo mean pick-up?

The 2 black things inbetween the bridge are called pick-ups,which are basically microphones :smug:

Yes,the Ibanez GSR190 does infact include a P(split) pick-up,and a J (jazz) pick-up. I find that it doesn't get in my way at all. I think yuo should try a GSR200/100 at a local guitar store before purchasing.

10. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    Have a wall of transplanted low line Ibe's. No GSR 100 but from what I can tell it's just a 190 without a J pup. The 190 and 200 necks aren't just a matter of lack of venier. The 190 has cheaper tuners (but stay in tune as well), and it seems to me the necks are a lower grade material. The body's and electronics seem identical. But I've defintely had less luck getting a decent setup with the 190's than the 200's.

As long as you can get a decent setup on the bass, and it's cheap, $100 max. It's as good a start as any.

I like the low line Ibe's cause they're cheap, plentiful, light, have 2+2 headstocks, fast necks, fairly large control bays (for transplanting active electronics/battery), and you can get a decent setup on one. So if you choose, you can later upgrade the electronics with Barts or EMGs (whatever) to get a decent sound and hang with any bass.

The player makes the bass.