Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez Gsr 100???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by HollowSoul, Feb 10, 2004.

1. HollowSoul

HollowSoul

Feb 5, 2004
    Sweden!
    I need help is it whorth the mony to spend on a ibanez gsr 100?
    Is it a good bass? our just crapp?
    Do you own one?? plz tell me if its a good bass!
    :bassist: METAL!

2. riotkid976

riotkid976

Jan 30, 2004
    i havn't played one but i have looked @ them...they look like a good beginer bass but if it were me i would save up a little extra and get a gsr200, but maybe thats just me. Hope that helps, peace. :ninja:

3. flea-bass

flea-bass

Jan 30, 2004
    i have that bass it was my first and it is a great beginner bass. definitly recomend it

4. HollowSoul

HollowSoul

Feb 5, 2004
    Sweden!
    Thx guys....

5. Electricmayhem

Electricmayhem

Dec 18, 2003
    NH
    I had a GSR 200 and I really didn't like it that much...
    Can't imagine liking the 100 more. If I did this all over again, I think I would've started with a Squier Jazz that was in the same price range.

6. I have a GSR190 which is basically the GSR200 with a natural headstock.

I have grown to really like it. It's my first bass and it is great for learning on. Hell,if I goto a gig I'll surely take it with me.

It's right behind me.

7. Electricmayhem

Electricmayhem

Dec 18, 2003
    NH
    I just got rid of my 200. I don't think I've ever seen the 190.

8. HollowSoul

HollowSoul

Feb 5, 2004
    Sweden!
    okej thx ... butt dose the 190 have a extra mic. its in the way when you play i think.

9. By mic did yuo mean pick-up?

The 2 black things inbetween the bridge are called pick-ups,which are basically microphones :smug:

Yes,the Ibanez GSR190 does infact include a P(split) pick-up,and a J (jazz) pick-up. I find that it doesn't get in my way at all. I think yuo should try a GSR200/100 at a local guitar store before purchasing.

10. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    Have a wall of transplanted low line Ibe's. No GSR 100 but from what I can tell it's just a 190 without a J pup. The 190 and 200 necks aren't just a matter of lack of venier. The 190 has cheaper tuners (but stay in tune as well), and it seems to me the necks are a lower grade material. The body's and electronics seem identical. But I've defintely had less luck getting a decent setup with the 190's than the 200's.

As long as you can get a decent setup on the bass, and it's cheap, $100 max. It's as good a start as any.

I like the low line Ibe's cause they're cheap, plentiful, light, have 2+2 headstocks, fast necks, fairly large control bays (for transplanting active electronics/battery), and you can get a decent setup on one. So if you choose, you can later upgrade the electronics with Barts or EMGs (whatever) to get a decent sound and hang with any bass.

The player makes the bass.