Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez GSR 200

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Imaheathen, Sep 29, 2005.

1. Imaheathen

Imaheathen

Sep 6, 2005
    Hi, what does everybody think of the ibanez gsr 200? I love it but the one o have right now isnt mine. Its my friends and i cant say that ive been playin bass enough to say what good quality and bad quality is. i could buy it off of him for 140$. Is it worth it? I mean, its used and hes played for like, 2 years. But, from what i can say, ibanez seems like a very good brand. give me some advice. i can also get a brand new bass for 120$. But I like that Ibanez. Allright, c u around, I'm a heathen

2. I agree whole heartedly with you. My friend still has his Ibanez jampack setup, which includes an Ibanez GSR190. I was able to slam it around fro a while one day, and was quite inpressed. With proper setup and good maintenance, these basses, are easily some of the best bang for the buck in my opinion. However, if he's had the bass for around 2 years, I think the $140 price tag is a little steep. Try to get him to come down about 30-40 dollars. If that doesnt work, my buddied 190 is for sale for $100 =).

Go for it!

~Ryan

3. radi8

radi8

Feb 10, 2004
    Chicago
    That was my first bass.
    It is now in the home of a co-worker who's clarinet playing son has fallen in love with bass guitar.
    For $120.00,i'd just get the new one.

4. Imaheathen

Imaheathen

Sep 6, 2005
    I dont quite know. That 120bass iss probably crap. I had it in my hands and i dont know, it just didnt feel as comfortable as the ibanez. but does the quality of a used ibanez gsr 200 exceed the quality of a new 120, cheapo bass guitar?

5. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Was my first bass as well...and I still own it. Its nothing amazing, but it is great for the money. Might take it to a shop to be properly setup, other than that, Id go for it.

I defretted mine when I got my dingwall and actually like the fretless sound from it better than when it was fretted.

And yes, get the used Ibanez over the $120 no name one. Or save up to $200 and buy a new GSR if you like.

6. go with the ibanez, it is my first bass and after almost 4 years i still use it even though i have 3 others now.

7. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I'd go with the Ibanez depending on what the other bass is, you never told us. Even then, do you have an amp of your own or anything? Tell us a bit more about you.

The Ibanez is a good beginner bass and I started off on the model just above that and still use that one to this day.

8. radi8

radi8

Feb 10, 2004
    Chicago
    my fault,

i thought you meant you could get an "Ibanez GSR 200"" for that much.....
    Ibanez!!!

9. Pennydreadful

Pennydreadful Goin out West

Jun 13, 2005
    Arlington, Texas
    That was my first bass too. Wouldn't be caught dead onstage with it now, but I'll always have a special love for it.

Like some others said, it's good beginner or even intermediate model (if you stretch it a bit)

10. Imaheathen

Imaheathen

Sep 6, 2005
    well, i've got a amp. Its a Crate Bt50 Bass amp with a 12" woofer and 50 watts. Its pretty good and i cant complain.

11. darkside 88

darkside 88

Feb 23, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    My current bass. Quite a well made, good sounding bass for the price. Still hoping to get a Tribute, but this bass is still has a decent life cycle left.

12. Human Bass

Human Bass

Aug 26, 2005
    well, it is my bass!!! its decent but far from perfection...the neck is so-so but the main problem is the frets are not very effective

13. Xanaptabil

Xanaptabil

Jul 18, 2005
    Tempe, AZ
    Pay no more than $100 for it. I was going to sell mine for $80 before I made it a fretless demon.

14. Ive got the starter pack GSR 190, Ive modded the hell out of it now. Its got a badass bridge, Dirmarzio Jazz pups and IM buying a bart pre amp for it when I defret it. They are good bang for the buck basses and excellent basses for modding. And I know its its gonna have lots and lots of mwah once a fretless. :D