Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez GSR 205

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bigdavis_08, Jan 17, 2005.

1. Bigdavis_08

Bigdavis_08

Oct 7, 2004
    Hugoton, KS
  2. Mobay45

Mobay45 The artist formerly known as "Big Daddy"

Apr 28, 2004
    Irving, TX
    I owned a GSR200 for a while and it was a pretty good bass for the money. The only thing I would suggest is that you buy a used one if that's the bass you want. I only had mine about 8 or 9 months and it brought less than half of what I paid for it. Look on Ebay and see what they are going for there. Either that or pick up a better quality used bass for the money that you would spend for a new GSR205. Try to get the best bass you can afford as a starter bass. You are more likely to stay with it if your bass isn't working against you.

3. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Before you go spending your money...I strongly suggest spending a little more and getting the SR305DX...

Its a lot better in my opinion...

On the other hand, horray for going with Ibanez...love that company :D

4. Bigdavis_08

Bigdavis_08

Oct 7, 2004
    Hugoton, KS
    Yeah dude, i was looking at that one......but its like 330.00. I donno if my parents would let em get it cuz theyll probly say it aint reasonable to spend 330 on a 1st starter bass.....but yeah that was actually my 1st choice of bass

5. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Try used and Ebay...can get some good deals...