No longer available Ibanez GSR100EXL Left Handed Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by alaskaleftybass, Sep 13, 2016.

1. alaskaleftybass

alaskaleftybass Will Hanbury, Jr. Supporting Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Sitka, Alaska
    Price:
    Strings:
    Left-Handed?:
    • Yes
    Hi TB'ers. I have for your consideration an Ibanez GSR100EXL in gloss black.
    This bass has lived its entire life in my living room on a guitar stand.
    There are a couple dings on top of the head stock because we have a low ceiling in our house.
    Aside from the dings in the head stock, this bass is in mint condition.

If you don't know anything about this bass, it's kind of a poor man's MusicMan Stingray without active electronics. There's a nice fat dual humbucker that sounds excellent through my amps. Volume and tone controls. Simple but musical.

PLEASE NOTE: The bass is currently strung right handed. That's how I play. Upon sale I will include a replacement left handed string nut and a set of Light Hartke round wound strings. It will be up to you to restring and mount the left handed nut. The bridge will have to be re calibrated because it's backwards for a left handed bass player.

This is a very nice player but I have a sick granddaughter in Oregon and we have to fly down a couple times before the end of the year and I want to buy an Ibanez Mikro for travel.

Price is a reasonable $150 shipped anywhere in the US.

Thanks for looking!

bass1.JPG bass2.JPG bass3.JPG bass4.JPG bass5.JPG

Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
  2. alaskaleftybass

Mar 21, 2012
    Sitka, Alaska
    C'mon guys! Great bass here! For peanuts!

3. alaskaleftybass

Mar 21, 2012
    Sitka, Alaska
    Well, I've been reviewing other sales on TB and it seems to be I'm not a very good salesman. :confused:

Guys, this is a great bass, even though it's going for nothing. I paid about $300 with shipping to Alaska.

The bass sounds excellent through my GK MB500 and 2 x AudioKinesis H1203's. It really opens up, very strong bottom end and strong midrange punch. There's a good crispness to the high end. For those of you who like a wider neck, this neck is the same width as a Fender: 41mm at the string nut. The neck is pretty flat and good string spacing. The bass is light and balances well. If this bass doesn't sell I'll keep it in the spare room, but I wanted to sell it to pay towards an Ibanez Mikro Bass.

There are no signs of wear at all on this bass. It's lived in our living room which is smoke free. Also need to mention that this is for sale on eBay and I have one -- count 'em-- ONE watcher! Ha ha!

How did I do? Now---- Bump!:cool:

4. alaskaleftybass

Mar 21, 2012
    Sitka, Alaska
    No longer available. Sorry it wasn't a snooty enough bass.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
  5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 17, 2021