1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ibanez GSR200 Help

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Porter200, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Porter200

Porter200

Oct 14, 2013
    Hello All,

I was hoping for some help with my newly acquired Ibanez GSR200. I have been playing bass for a couple of years but have never really set up a bass. I got this Ibanez GSR200 and the action seems really high. I went and lowered the bridge down as far as I could, this helped but the problem is that in the middle of the neck, the strings are very far off from the frets. They are not so bad at the top of the neck or down by the bridge, but they are bad in the middle of neck and I am getting some buzzing as well. I was hoping to fix this myself, so I thought I would pose the question here. I appreciate your time and looking at my post.

Thanks,

Porter

2. Have you tried adjusting the truss rod?

3. Porter200

Porter200

Oct 14, 2013
    Well, I have heard this can really mess up a bass, so I wanted to get some advice before I went ahead and tried to adjust it.

4. If your not familiar with doing trussrod adjustments I would recommend taking it to tech, sometimes all it takes is a little tweeking of the neck to get rid of fret buzz.