Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ibanez gsr200 UK

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by kieren, Aug 13, 2005.

1. kieren

kieren

Jul 28, 2005
    i went to my local music store this week and i saw a second hand ibanez gsr200 red looked in great nick for second hand could you give me the names of some good basses in the £100 to £160 range for a bass

2. Well, personally, I wouldn't buy anything from Ibanez for under $500, but that's me, there are others here who would swear differently. I especially wouldn't buy a cheaper one second hand either... Again, my preference.

However, I would look into some of Peavey's cheaper stuff, plays very well.

Say, are you a beginner?

Also, punctuation helps everyone out!

~Ryan

3. kieren

kieren

Jul 28, 2005
    Yes I am I haven't yet bought a bass but I'm just going round a couple of forums and seeing whats good.

4. Id say look into second hand stuff, but not from a music shop

my first bass was a banged up TR series ibanez that sounds really good and just needed cleaned up, cost £50

my eda was about $850 when i got it (was on holiday in the US at the time)

got my BTB for £275 of ebay in pristine condition

i dont agree completelly with ryan, but i personally just dont like the lower level SR basses and the GSR's, im sure they are alright for begginners tho, but for a little bit more, you bump into the next price range of ibanez's and they sound alot better imho