Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez GSR200

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Ïn±ë®nål¦P®ÏMå±Ë, Mar 27, 2001.

1. Ïn±ë®nål¦P®ÏMå±Ë

Ïn±ë®nål¦P®ÏMå±Ë Guest

Feb 14, 2001
    Canada
    Someone is selling one for 50$ used. I'm thinking of buying it and changing out the pickups and getting a new bridge. I love the look of the Ibanez basses and how their very small. :D

Think I should do it?

2. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Inly if the total price (pups and bridge) are less than about $200, which is what you'd pay for one outa MF. Otherwise, just get it for 50, because their good little basses.

3. Ïn±ë®nål¦P®ÏMå±Ë

Ïn±ë®nål¦P®ÏMå±Ë Guest

Feb 14, 2001
    Canada
    I already have a Fender Jazz bass, so the only reason I would buy the GSR is to screw around with it. Kinda make it a custom type bass.

4. Why not? Have some fun. You only live once (I think)

5. I have a Fender Am Std 5... and an Ibanez GSR 200 (which I'm about to do what you are planning... and making it my frankenstiened bass)... but then again I really don't like the body... I'm kind of a big guy (like 6'+ and stuff) so that body seems really really small.

6. Ïn±ë®nål¦P®ÏMå±Ë

Ïn±ë®nål¦P®ÏMå±Ë Guest

Feb 14, 2001
    Canada
    The bridge on the GSR is horrible, I want to get 201 Gotoh 4-string Bass Bridge from Warmoth but I have NO idea if it would fit.

Maybe put some EMG's in it too.

7. Hey for $50.00 you can`t get a damn broomstick with 4 rubberbands on it! Buy it! :D

Be careful buying replacement parts as they may or maynot fit,without some modification.I recently(few months ago)posted that I wanted to do something similar to my GSR190 ....It seems they make tons of aftermarket stuff for fender but not as quite for Ibanez.The other tbers had reservations about hotrodding the ibanez ...not sure how the luthite body would respond to drilling,etc...

Just an FYI!

8. Ïn±ë®nål¦P®ÏMå±Ë

Ïn±ë®nål¦P®ÏMå±Ë Guest

Feb 14, 2001
    Canada
    Ok, i'm gonna get the bass.

Any suggestions on what kind of pickups i should put in it? If I get active that means i would need to put a battery in it right? So then I would have to route (sp?) a place for the battery box. How would i go about doing that?