Ibanez GSR200L - Input Jack

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by orton, Aug 5, 2009.

1. orton

orton

Jul 5, 2009
    Hey all,

Recently received an Ibanez GSR200L in the post after a purchase on eBay, however after going down a checklist provided by Lo-Freq it seems to have a damaged input jack.

If anybody has a GSR200(L) and have had any experience with fixing or repairing the jack, I would like to know what the best plan of action is.

Shall I simply send it back in the post (Costing money) to the seller and ask for my money back.

Take it to a luthier or repair shop

Tackle the problem myself. The input jack is right underneath a removable cover which makes access extremely easy.

2. blackconstant

blackconstant

Sep 15, 2008
    I'm not sure what kind of "damage" your input jack has but....
    I own a gsr and its input jack used to always come loose so I'd always pop open the cover and tighten it. But after a while the wires twisted off and it was hard to reconnect them because of the thick solder connection so i just went ahead and went to my local music store, told the guy what kind of guitar i had, and he handed me a new input jack for around $5

3. yoak

yoak

Jul 10, 2009
    GSR200 has active pickups right?
    are you sure the battery is not dead?
    i can guarantee that's what it is as I can see no damage on your input jack!

4. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    SW, OK
    I didn't know anything about the bass guitar.
    If it has a battery then, yeah, that's the next thing to check.

As to the jack, a visual inspection doesn't mean much as long as the wires are securely connected.