1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ibanez GSR206

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by karter2000, Apr 21, 2010.

1. karter2000

karter2000 Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2005
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    I've been interested in a sixer, and I'm pretty close to buying an Ibanez GSR206. I tried one at a store recently, and I quite liked it. I'm pretty limited with budget as well. Any opinions on that bass?

2. freakfingers12

freakfingers12

Mar 28, 2010
    Malaysia
    I owned it for a while just to start off with a six stringer. I didn't like the string spacings. The neck seemed too flat for me, wide but flat. When setup nicely, it plays fine. Maybe you should wait till you have enough for a SR506, instead of buying a GIO.

3. I have one. Got it to try a six stringer. Surprisingly good for the price.

4. NicJimBass

NicJimBass Flossin'? I thought your name was Munson! Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Lancaster, OH
    64 Audio · DR Strings · Source Audio · Hipshot
    I've got one as well. To me, it feels great and plays well. My only complaint is with the pickups. Everything sounds good, except the 'B' string. It seems much quieter, no matter what I do. I think it's an issue with the pickups, as acoustically, the B is prominent like the other strings. Been shopping for pickups lately, ordered a pair of Lace Alumitone BassBars, but they've been on backorder for a couple weeks. As soon as I get a refund, planning on a pair of SGD's. This bass should kill after that!