Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez GT 5 String

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by kasuals, Jul 20, 2001.

1. kasuals

kasuals

Jul 20, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    I have a question for any of you who may be able to shed some light on this subject for me...

My friend is trying to pawn off an Ibanez GT 5 String. I've never even heard of this model. He wants about 90 bucks for it. There is no wear, and it has only been used for studio work for the last 3 months.

Is this bass even worth it? He said he was cutting me quite a deal, but I can't find any information on it anywhere. I have a serial number, but I can't even find a place to look that up.

I haven't been able to look at it, because I'm in Seattle and he lives in Canada... quite a trip for a bass I'm not even sure I want.

I was just curious if someone could shed some light on how the action on it was, neck size in comparison to my SR605 and any other information you could provide me... I have to make my mind up by tomorrow morning, so any information you could provide would really save me some hassle :)