Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez GT series?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Gabe, Feb 9, 2003.

1. Gabe

Gabe

Jan 21, 2003
    Anyone ever heard of an Ibanez GT (or maybe CT with the T inverted on the C) series 4 string EB?

I recently bought one used and it sounds pretty good. Any thing you guys know about them would be great!

Thanks,
    Gabe

2. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Wow, I like Ibanez basses, but ive never head of this series,,,, got any pictures of the bass?

3. Gabe

Gabe

Jan 21, 2003
    Sorry, I'm not able to get pics at the moment. Let me describe it though.

IT has a black body with 3 pick-ups, the long pickup at the bottom says xjactive, the one in the middle doesn't say anything and the top one say xp2active. There are 4 knobs on it. The neck is thin and the back of it is wood colored. Fretboard is dark wood colored.The head ( I think that's what it's called says GT series (or maybe CT series) and has Ibanez written on it. The tuners are black and metal. It's a 4 string. It says that it's made in Korea (I hope I am not funding nukes with this thing). The serial number on back says 9204729.

I apologize for my lack of knowledge of BG terms; I'm mostly a DBer. I appreciate the input!

Gabe

4. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    Could you be talking about the BTB series? I can understand how the mirror imaged, scripted "B" can be confused with a G.

On the other hand, I don't believe any BTB four string has 3 pickups, as well as black hardware. It seems we have a mystery wrapped in an enigma covered in BBQ sauce. :D

5. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    you sure this is an ibanez? man i'm confused.

6. Tristan

Tristan

Jan 28, 2001
    Ottawa, Canada
    I think he's trying to describe a p-j config.

7. Gabe

Gabe

Jan 21, 2003
    I'm pretty sure that it's not a B, unless someone did pretty good alterations. It sounds good and thats all that matters.

Thanks for the help and If i can get picks I'll post them.

Gabe

8. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    I've heard of them, but I don't know much about them. Try this pic: GT on Gbase

9. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    wow, they look like soundgears to me.... weird.

10. Gabe

Gabe

Jan 21, 2003
    Thanks!

Gabe

11. ratgeek

ratgeek

Oct 5, 2002
    Denver
    I've got an ibanez ct series and for a while I thought it was gt but this bass sounds nothing like what I've got